Search for content in message boards

SCHELLEN Families living in Horst, Limburg prior to c1910

SCHELLEN Families living in Horst, Limburg prior to c1910

Posted: 25 Dec 2008 8:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCHELLEN
My husband's grandfather - Jan SCHELLEN and his family - lived in Rotterdam sometime around 1910, and he was a 'kleermaker' (tailor), who had a shop in Horst, which closed down sometime around then. His wife was a VAN RENS from nearby Venlo. When he shifted to Rotterdam, some of his family relatives moved at that time to other places, such as Eindhoven, Nijmijgen, Oss, s'Hertogenbosch, Tilburg, etc. We are looking for information about any SCHELLEN descendants from any one of these other localities. Earlier on, some of Jan's ancestors included a Balthazar SCHELLEN, born in Eindhoven in 1776, but died in Horst in 1851. He lived with his son Willem, who lived at 193 Heerstraat, Horst - at that time. Willem's 2 sons Pieter Jan and Pieter Antoon both had shops in Horst in the late 1800's, but by 1904 had sold these and moved away. Pieter Antoon was the father of Jan (mentioned above).

I am sorry that I cannot understand Dutch, but my husband can translate a bit. I would like to communicate in English, if possible. Thank you.

Re: SCHELLEN Families living in Horst, Limburg prior to c1910

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 12:10PM GMT
Surnames: Schellen
This is a genealogy board, so not directly for the search of living persons. You can try the phonebook in english on http://en.detelefoongids.nl/ In the who field enter Schellen In the where field enter Nederland. You get 146 hits. You can narrow the search bij entering tne town in stead of Nederland. Eindhoven has 14 hits, Nijmegen (watch your spelling) 1, Oss 3, "s-Hertogenbosch 1, Tilburg 4.
As full adresses are shown you can try to send letters or try phoning. You need to replace the starting 0 by the international entry code followed by 31

Posted: 24 Sep 2009 3:52PM GMT
Hello, whereever you are. I have got some information about the time our family lived in horst, limburg. If you stil can read dutch i can send it to you if you give me your adres.

greting from a sunny nijmegen,

karel pierer schellen

Posted: 24 Sep 2009 3:53PM GMT
Hello, whereever you are. I have got some information about the time our family lived in horst, limburg. If you stil can read dutch i can send it to you if you give me your adres.

greting from a sunny nijmegen,

karel pieter schellen

Posted: 25 Sep 2009 7:04AM GMT
Hello Karel Pieter SCHELLEN!

I was very pleased to read your posting - that you have some information on your family, when they were living in Limburg. My husband Michael Jan SCHELLEN and I would be very happy to receive anything that you can send us with grateful thanks!

We live in South Australia. Michael migrated here with his parents & sisters in 1954. Our address is below.

Looking forward to your response!

Bev SCHELLEN
Address: RMB 7401, Ponde, via Mannum, SA 5238, AUSTRALIA.
Email: bevschellen@austarnet.com.au

Posted: 25 Nov 2011 9:13AM GMT
My husband Michael can still read Dutch, and if you see this post after such awhile, we would like very much to hear about the time you lived in Horst, Limburg.

Our address is: 196 Kenny Road, Ponde, via Mannum, 5238, South Australia, Australia.

Hoping to hear from you still!

Bev & Michael SCHELLEN.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions