Search for content in message boards

Frey's from Bavaria

Frey's from Bavaria

Posted: 11 Jan 2008 5:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FREY, SEUFARHT
I am looking for information about a male Frey who married a Krescenzcik Seufarht after 1860 and died before 1875 somewhere in Bavaria. (There are many variations of spelling his wife's first and last names.) I do not have a first name for him or a birth date. He may have been a musician who was a member of the Bavarian Court Orchestra. He may have been born around 1810.

Re: Frey's from Bavaria

Posted: 9 Feb 2009 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: FREY
Just to follow up on this post: Martin Frey is the man in question. Born 1802. Died c.1874. Birth/death/marriage took place in Greding, Bavaria. Martin and Crezentia (Siefet-Wolfarth-Frey)had a son named Vincenz Frey who was a musicion. Vincenz emigrated to the U.S. aboard the S.S. Rhein, arriving 12 Sept. 1873.

Now looking for what happened to Vincenz. Any information from Frey's in America will be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 12 Feb 2009 3:53AM GMT
Surnames: Frey
I am searching for the roots of a Thomas and Gottfried Frey that were born in Germany but I am guessing around 1880. They were in the Santa Rosa area of California in 1901 at the birth of my grandmother and I am looking for more information on them. Perhaps it is the same line?

Posted: 24 Jul 2011 2:54AM GMT
I think I may have just emailed an earlier post from around 2003 from you. I have some info that may be helpful that comes from the Cunningham line.

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: FREY
If this post was meant for me, I have a different email address...I will update my profile...JW

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 6:42PM GMT
I am not sure, however, there is a Vincent Frey living in Chicago, Cook County in the 1900 census. Although, he says he is from Switzerland and immigrated a bit earlier than the date you gave for Vincenz, he is a muscian and I believe two of his sons are listed as musicians. There is also an Otto Frey living next door from Switzerland who gives his occupation as musician.
My g-g-grandfather immigrated from Bavaria in 1843. On most documents he says he is from Saxony, but on his naturalization papers he states he swore alleigence to King Ludwig who was the king of Bavaria. Don't know why he perferred to be from Saxony. I do know that they were Catholic and at that time ninety-five percent of the Barvarians were Protestants.
Could be for some reason your guy chose not to be identified as being from Bavaria as did my grandfather.
Do you know what his destination was? It was always listed on the ships passenger log.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions