Search for content in message boards

KING Cherokee descendants

KING Cherokee descendants

Posted: 2 Dec 2005 5:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Dec 2005 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: King
Would like to speak to anyone with the surname King who has connection to the Cherokee nation.

Re: KING Cherokee descendants

Posted: 6 Dec 2005 2:45AM GMT
We are kings my husbands family is from Veron Tx and are Indians which I ahev been trying to do a search on. I believe that Grandma king was a cherokee

Posted: 6 Dec 2005 3:36AM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2005 5:03AM GMT
The Kings I am trying to connect are from Oklaholma and the Patriarc and Matriarc met on the reservation at Lawrence, wherever that is. I would like to find out where the Cherokee or if the reservation was for Cherokee only. Do you have a connection to that location? Always wondered why they took the name KING?

Posted: 25 Dec 2005 5:42AM GMT
Henry,
I am born a King now married to an Oliwek... my grandfather is a card holder of th e Lost Cherokee but i have a cousinthat is a Clanton by adoptin she is a card holfder for the CNO....if you would like to contact me personally wiseladywolf3@hotmail.xom is my email.. I can see if i am able to help in any ay .. Chauntel King-Oliwek

Posted: 27 Jun 2006 4:54PM GMT
My husband's great grandfather was George Washington King, a member of the Eastern band of Cherokees in TN/NC. I'm presently trying to research the King family back to him.

Posted: 28 Jun 2006 2:11PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2006 9:00PM GMT
Surnames: bice, king
I have been told that part of my family (King and Bice) has Native American heritage. How can that be verified? I have noticed no indication in census or marriage files that would indicate this. All I have is word-of-mouth. One look at my mother would suggest that it is so.

Posted: 6 Sep 2006 4:36AM GMT
Where and when was your King born? My Great Grandfather was born in SC in 1869 and married Esther Pridgen whom he met in Pender County, NC
She also was born in SC. They had a daughter, Dolly or Dollie Eliza who married John Franklin Mintz of NC where they lived. They had my father, Marshall James Mintz. Sure hope we have the same man here. You can reach me at nannipetty@yahoo.com
Marsha

Posted: 12 Oct 2006 4:15AM GMT
Edited: 12 Oct 2006 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: King, Pridgen
What do you know of George Washington King??? My Great Grandfather was George W. King, married to Esther, Easther or Easter Pridgeon or Pridgen. They had a daughter, Dollie Eliza King who married John Franklin Mintz. After Esther died Geo married again and had another daughter named Georgia Lee who married Homer Hodges and had a son named (I think) Franklin.
My Geo died 4/4/1931. I am told that his nephew (Frank and wife , Addie) raised Georgia Lee.
My dad, Marshall James Mintz told me a story about Geo's grandfather being an Indian. Seems George got his breeches warmed for imitating his grandfather. While indian grandfather was chopping wood his pigtail would bounce and he would grunt. George thought this funny and began to imitate g-father. Someone (I assume father) did not concur and gave Geo a pants warming.
I would appreciate any info you have and are willing to share. You can reach me at nannipetty@yahoo.com
Marsha

Posted: 18 Dec 2006 5:47AM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2006 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: king , odle
You will find g w king in s.w. virginia & around whitesburg ky . My g grandmothers father was a cherokee , Bengie
Her maiden name was Mart A odle , & married the Rev. Allen A King of mocassin creek , russell county virginia

Posted: 17 Nov 2007 12:33AM GMT
I TO AM A KING MY GREATGRAND MOTHER WAS CHEROKEE HER NAMES
WAS MOLLIE COOLEY MARRIED INTO KINGS GET BACK MAYBE I HAVE SOMEHTING BWILLAIMS55@NC.RR.COM
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions