Search for content in message boards

bought Dragon speech recognition software...got Family Tree Maker as a bonus

bought Dragon speech recognition software...got Family Tree Maker as a bonus

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 12:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
I bought Dragon speech recognition software for hubby for Christmas. I also received a CD of Family Tree Maker as a bonus. There is no paperwork at all. I guess I just upload it and look for instructions.

Does anyone know if this is a full blown version of FTM or is it one of those skeleton "free" samples that is really a sales tool designed to get you to buy the real thing?

Re: bought Dragon speech recognition software...got Family Tree Maker as a bonus

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 4:46AM GMT
It will be a full version

When you install it, it is likely to identify a patch and offer to install it. You should do this

The final build is version .723

Note that Dragon Dictate will work with FTM

John D

Re: bought Dragon speech recognition software...got Family Tree Maker as a bonus

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 12:13AM GMT
Surnames: Grangers, Simmons, Myers,-Davis, Rogers Chance, Hodges
Do they still sell the dragon and FTM together, are was that a promo. for Christmas. I wanted to get on and the FTM but goofed off and forgot. How does it work with FTM? Can you use it to fill in names? Is it just for family stories etc.....?????
Thanks and May God Speed
Linda Davis
Granger and Rogers family.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 2:05AM GMT
Sorry, Linda, hubby has been very busy at work and we have both been battling the flu. We haven't done anything yet with Dragon or FTM.

I suggest you just google Dragon and get their 800 number. I spent almost a half hour on the phone with customer service before deciding to purchase. They went over all the plan options and we designed what was good for hubby and I. The final cost was $168.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 10:31PM GMT
Assuming you have done the appropriate training with DD, it will work in FTM by positioning the cursor in the field you ant to populate and using Dragon in the normal way. So names, dates, places, notes, smart stories, etc. Anywhere in FTM that you add text which is virtually all the time

John D
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions