Search for content in message boards

WALKER - Allegheny Co, PA

WALKER - Allegheny Co, PA

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2004 5:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WALKER ELKIN MEHIN RALSTON CAMPBELL
Looking for Walker Family members from the Allegheny County Region of Pennsylvania. Most family members lived in Allegheny City now Pittsburgh. Earliest know family name was Joseph Walker b 1801 Belper England and Elizabeth Smith b 1803 England...arrived in the USA circa 1830-1832, Joseph and family member were Ice Merchents in Alleghney City during the Mid to late 1800's. Two brothers were killed at Fair Oaks during the Civil War on the same day May 31, 1862. Most family members buried in the Union Dale Cemetery, Northside Pittsburgh.

Thanks......Dave

Re: WALKER - Allegheny Co, PA

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 12:20AM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2004 6:34PM GMT
Surnames: Walkers,Roberts,Richmond,Bercosky,Mazutis
just wondering if you know if any of your Walkers were from Washington County, just getting started and most of mine were from here but some had went to AlleghenyCounty, hope you can help

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2004 12:40AM GMT
Surnames: WALKER SMITH RALSTON HURST ELKIN MEHIN CAMPBELL
Linda.....

Could you please give me a hint as to some of the GIVEN NAMES of some of the Walkers you are looking for and the time periods ????

My wife and I have come across many Walkers in Allegheny Co, Allegheny City and Pittsburgh, Washington Co., most of the Southwest Countries of PA.

......Dave

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 1:04AM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2004 6:34PM GMT
yes i will but will have to be tomorrow, thanks for replying

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2004 1:14AM GMT
Linda....

No Problem....by the way, you mentioned you just started....God Bless You.....

.....Dave

linda (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2004 4:53PM GMT
i can't find the ones right now from allegheny county but they start in greene county with david walker married cythia roach and he was born in 1856 and her in 1859 and they had a son john who married rachel supler of greene county, do you know any of these people.?

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2004 9:47PM GMT
Hi Linda,

The names do not sound familiar, all the Walkers in the family that we have traced have come from Allegheny City, now Pittsburgh. The furtherest we can trace anyone away from Allegheny is into Youngstown, Ohio but then returned after a few years to Allegheny.

If I would come across your David & Cythia I will centainly let you know....

..........Dave

linda (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2004 10:05PM GMT
thanksso much and if i find the ones from allegheny maybe i will email you if thats ok

April Hickman (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2004 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: Walker
I have some walker's in Pittsburgh and in Mckeepsport.
We have lost one of my grandfather's brother who was in Braddock at last known.
His name was Maryland Dowel Walker. He went by Dowel. He had a son named robert.
That's all I have.
Thanks,
April

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2004 11:58AM GMT
Surnames: WALKER CAMPBELL ELKIN MEHIN HURST SMITH STUVER
Hi April,

Your Walker's do not seem to fit my Wife's line as of yet, if these are current living family members we have not traced them as part of the family line.

My wife's father, Hiram L Walker, was an only child, his mother and father died in 1919 when he was 15, he was sent to live with his grandmother and uncle. When his uncle passed away, this is the last living family member we could find, in 1955 there was nothing passed along to Hiram, not even any possible family photo's.

We are hoping that somewhere there are some living family members that may have retained any family photo's and could expand on the family history.

I will keep you in mind as we continue our family search and will let you know if we come across your Walker's.

Thanks you for taking the time to respond to our message.

.........Dave

per page

Find a board about a specific topic