Search for content in message boards

Holland family tree

Holland family tree

Angie Brown (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 9:21PM GMT
My name is Angie (Holland) Brown. My grandfather was Cecil Hanks Holland. He had nine siblings and they are: Julius, Lena, Billy, Joyce, Raymond, Patricia, AnnMarie, and Virginia. Most of his siblings lives along the gulf coast from Ms. to Fl. His father's name was James R. Holland. I don't have very much information other than that. I am looking for any information on his family. I need the names of parents, grandparents and so on. If anyone has any information please let me know! Thank you so much!
Angie

Holland Family

Tracy Dampeer Fletcher (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 8:06AM GMT
Angie, I came across your message about the Holland family. I too am searching for a Holland. My paternal grandmother was Wilma Christine Holland. I know that her mother's name was Geneva, but I dont' know her father's name. I think he is buried in MS. I amd told he was Cherokee Indian. If you think we may have a link please e-mail me.
Thanks Good Luck,
Tracy Dampeer Fletcher

holland family

angie (holland) brown (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 8:07PM GMT
I am glad that you replied. I know that my grandpa had part Cherokee in him, I am not sure how much though. I am going to do some checking and see if any of the names you listed ring a bell. My grandpa was also related to Nancy Hanks, who was Abraham Lincoln's wife. I will be in touch if I find anything out. Thanks again for replying!
Angie

holland family

angie (holland) brown (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 8:08PM GMT
I am glad that you replied. I know that my grandpa had part Cherokee in him, I am not sure how much though. I am going to do some checking and see if any of the names you listed ring a bell. My grandpa was also related to Nancy Hanks, who was Abraham Lincoln's wife. I will be in touch if I find anything out. Thanks again for replying!
Angie

Holland family

Tracy Dampeer Fletcher (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 5:26AM GMT
Angie, please e-mail me so we can swap info as we come across it. I really hope I find out who my greatgrandfather is. As well I hope you can complete your family history. Hope to talk to you soon,
Tracy
tra2121@aol.com

My ggrandfather was james Holland

Angie Brown (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2000 10:19AM GMT
John Holland entered the family after marrying Margaret Mckinney. I don't have his date of birth or death but I have hers. Margaret was born 9-8-1795 and died 12-20-1863. Their son caleb married Elizabeth Coc. Caleb dob was 12-4-1816 and died 10-28-1888. Elizabeth dob 11-18-1818 and died 11-29-1900. Their son James Holland was born 11-15-1858 and died 12-11-1927. He was marrried to my ggranmother who was amanda Stuart. dob 6-21-1874 and died 11-23-1934. Their daughter mary elizabeth was born-10-29-1896 abd died 1-31-1972. She was married to J.F. (Dick) Streetman ( grandfather. he was born 11-20-1896 and died 12-11-1965. My mom is still living. Her name is Geraldine STreetman Downey. she is 78 and ws born dec. 5, 1921. I am the daughter Phyllis Pillars. My date of birth is 4-17-45. My e-mail address is PRosewood32872@aol.com. This could be very helpful. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have 3 girls and 2 boys. My boys just married their fiances in a double wedding the 19 of August and I have really been busy but it is over now. Please write me back and see if there is any connection. Thank you Phyllis

John Holland

Richie Grant (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2000 10:23AM GMT
I saw a listing for John Holland. We have a John Holland ( called the 'marksman') as being born before 1812.

You listed a wife and one child. Were there any other children? Did he remarry? the line is John ( brothers Meredith and William Pleasant)
anyway- John, James ( b 1812-married Lucinda Holloway1883), they had 11 children

Richie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions