Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 won't log onto ancestry account

FTM 2012 won't log onto ancestry account

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 10:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
This just started yesterday periodically.. and now again today almost all day. FTM will not let me update or merge searched facts into my tree because it says I'm not logged into my ancestry account. I have tried logging back in but it won't accept my information. Is anyone else having this problem and do you know of a way to solve this?
Attachments:

Re: FTM 2012 won't log onto ancestry account

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 12:40AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2013 12:42AM GMT
1) Is it possible that you are logged in with another computer? (trying to login downstairs with your desktop while your laptop upstairs is logged in). I understand ancestry will only allow one computer at a time in ancestry.

2) Can you login to ancestry.com with your browser? If so, what happens if you copy and paste the ancestry.com url from the browser page where you are logged in to the url line of your Web Search page in FTM?

3) Have you exited FTM and rebooted your machine?

4) Sometimes ancestry's web site simply goes on vacation. What happens the next day?

5) If none of the above works try trouble shooting with a Support person at their phone number tomorrow: 1-800-262-3787

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 9:33AM GMT
That's interesting because I was experiencing the same issues yesterday for the bulk of the day. I kept having to exit and start again and it would reconnect. I just put it down to a problem with my PC running windows 7 but may be not! I found using the back button caused the problem. Is this something Ancestory needs to look at?

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 10:18PM GMT
I ended up restarting my computer (again) and now it connects fine. I'm not sure what was going on because it wasn't a consistent problem. Sometimes it would connect fine and others not. *shrugs* At least it's working now :)

Thanks for your suggestions though. I really appreciate it.

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 3:43AM GMT
I'm also having this problem. I'm going to try shutting everything down and reopening.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions