Search for content in message boards

Please Help

Please Help

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 5:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
I'm not that computer savoy or experienced at doing this.
I'm trying to find out cause of biological grandmother's death.

I have limited info and finding it frustrating to verify who she is with the info I have about her.

Would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you so much.

Re: Please Help

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 5:17PM GMT
We need to know her name, birth, death and location to help you.

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 2:13AM GMT
Please accept my apology for the delayed response. I was caught up in attending to some medical appointments and unable to read my e mail until now. Thank you so much for your help.

Unfortunately the problem is I don't have her birth or death dates as I have never met the woman. I only have her married name from a first marriage to my grandfather. I have his name and where they lived. I have the names of their children who are my mom and uncle who are now deceased.
This woman separated from my grandfather when my mom and uncle were children and later re married someone in California. She had two more children from her second marriage and they are a female and male. I have the first name of the female and initial of the first name of the male.

I found two people who I researched I believe may be her. One I think more so than the other but I need to identify some matching info to confirm. I have their date of birth, death and social security numbers. I am trying to confirm some information on which was the one married to my grandfather and that is where I am stuck navigating the research. If I can confirm this I will know for sure it is her. Or if I could confirm that both her two children from her second marriage had first names that started with M that would also confirm I got the right woman. Also I have the name of her brother and think I know her sisters first name and name of that sister's daughter. I also have the name of her brothers daughter and son. If I could confirming any of this information I would know I got the right woman. Then I would just need to see her death certificate to get cause of death. My mother died an early death from a non medical cause so this info would offer the medical history I am looking for.

I know this is quite complex. Do you want the ss# or birth and death dates for the two women I found?

Please note my uncle (her son from first marriage) is listed as still living but he has actually been deceased for a few years.

Thank you so much for helping me with this.

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 2:29AM GMT
Start by giving us your grandfather's name, birth date and place of birth. First name of your grandmother and first names and year of birth of your mother and uncle.

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 3:16AM GMT
Thank you. My grandfather's name is Samuel Hundert. He was born is Austria. I got his birth date from this site and have to go back to find it. My grandmother's first name was Esther. Her maiden name is Braverman My mother's first name is Madeliene and my uncle is Marvin. I also didn't note their dates of birth.

The woman I think is my grandmother I noted from this site to be born July 23, 1907 and died Jan 21 2000 which makes sense because I know she was alive and in living in California in 1977 when my mom passed. I think this is the woman noted to be married to Samuel Hundert my grandfather when I found my grandfather on the site.

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 3:49AM GMT
Hello again,

My grandfather's birthday is March 8, 1900. He immigrated to the USA from Austria. He lived in Brooklyn, NY and in the late 50's or early 60's moved to New York City. He Married a woman named Mary and died in New York.

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 5:03AM GMT
Here is the info on mother's DOB March 19, 1927
uncle's DOB October 23, 1930

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 5:45AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2013 6:06AM GMT
I did find this item in the personals section of the New York Daily times, February 2, 1938

"My wife Esther, left room board, not responsible for debts. Samuel Hundert"

Was your Grandmother listed by name in your Mother's obituary? What was her surname at death? Also, what was your uncles Surname at death?

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 7:06AM GMT
I think your Esther was born 1904-1905 Samuels naturalization says 1904' the 1930 census 1905
Look at the Ancestry family tree for Esther Shirhal 1903-1987 and see what you think.
Her birth year is 1903-1905 depending the source. at her death.

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 7:07AM GMT
I did a quick search and found your grandfather's passenger list. He arrived in New York March 15 1921.
He was single, born in the town of Kolomea. He was on his way to be with his brother Israel Hundert.
http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&db=ny...

I also found his Petition for Naturalization in 1926. At that time he was married to Esther. The record says she was born 1904 in New Jersey
http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&db=US...

I will keep digging
per page

Find a board about a specific topic