Search for content in message boards

Derr family tree *

Derr family tree *

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 1:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Feb 2007 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: derr, Weaver
I'm trying to find more information on my family tree. My father has very little information and says he runs into a road block so i'm looking for help. My grandfather was Evan C. derr and he had brothers Garlin, Paul, George, and a couple of sisters. Garlin was married to a Mildred R. Weaver. Garlin past away in 1978. All the info i have has our relatives coming from Northumberland PA and Shamokin PA. any help please let me know.
Thank you
Paul

Re: Derr family tree

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 1:59PM GMT
Would the census be of any help? I would be willing to do some lookups for you.

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 4:48PM GMT
That would be great thank you.

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 5:15PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2007 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Derr
Have you seen the picture in the photo section which shows a "Garlan Derr" second from left?

Do you have any connection to a Daniel B. Derr?

http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Eusgenweb/pa/northumberp/photos/ma...

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 5:56PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2007 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Derr, Dietrich, Fry
Go to the site mentioned www.coalregion.com and there is Garlan second from left. The name Derr caught my attention because a Jacob Derr married a Sally Dietrich and Sally is in the Dietrich family I am researching along with the Fry's. email me at kjowilson@yahoo.com
I have some names for you

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 7:15PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2007 2:59AM GMT
Surnames: Derr, Billmeyer, Guffey
Are you any relation to Malcolm Orval Derr who married Carrie Ulrich Billmeyer and whose parents were Phillip Frank Derr and Alice Leah Guffey?

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 8:10PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2007 3:01AM GMT
Surnames: Derr, Kern, Alvard
my grandfather was Evan Clarence Derr married to Elizabeth (Kern) Derr. My great grandfather was George samuel derr married to elizabeth Alvard (sp). Evan Clarence Derr was one of 7 children. Brothers 1.Garlin Elmira Derr(died 1978) 2.Elwood Lee Derr (died 1967) 3.Paul Arlington Derr (died WWII) 4.George Derr 5.Evan Clarence Derr (1991) Sisters: Lithea and ? There are alot of George Derrs and alot of Samuel Derrs, I am having trouble finding anything past my grandfather. I dont have much info on my great grandfather other than his name and his wifes name.

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 11:05PM GMT
Paul print these up and align the pages by using the numbers in the left column.
Attachments:

Posted: 5 Jan 2007 1:16AM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2007 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Derr, Alvord
that was great information thank you. i have the information up to George Samuel and Mary E (Alvord) Derr thank you for confirming my information. I am trying to see George's parents and Mary Alvord's parents.

Posted: 5 Jan 2007 1:40PM GMT
Bruce,
I was wondering how you found the information and if you had anymore.
Paul
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions