Search for content in message boards

White Family, Texas Co, Mo

White Family, Texas Co, Mo

Posted: 7 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: White, Bresee, Hume, Tatlock, Edgeman, Parker, Gilmore
I am searching for information on the W.G./Ellen Bresee White family of Texas Co, Mo. W.G. was the son of Dr. Thomas White and Serene. He m. Ellen Bresee and had children Hortense(Tatlock), Thomas, Pearl(Hume),Serene(Edgeman), Charles Albert, Lily(Parker), Katie(gilmore). Serene the mother of W.G. also had daughter Julia who m. Guilford Leavitt. After Dr. White died she was a midwife in Texas Co. I would appreciate any and all info that I can get. Pearl was my grandmother. She married James T. Hume.

Thanks,
Deborah Hume Stibbens

Gilmore family

Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: Gilmore, White, Hume, Edgeman, Tatlock, Bresee, Wilsey
I don't know to much about the Gilmores. I do know that my grandmother's sister married a man by the name of Andy Gilmore and that they ended up in Des Moines, Iowa. There are still some Gilmores there. My aunt's name was Katie White Gilmore b. July 14, 1889.
Sincerely,
Deborah Hume Stibbens

Gilmore

JeanAnne Caldwell (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gilmore, Hatfield
I would be interested in any info you have on the Gilmores at this location. My grandfather William Austin "Jack" Gilmore was born in this county.
Thanks in advance.
JeanAnne

Gilmore, McKinney

Posted: 12 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gilmore, McKinney
I have a John Gilmore who married Mariah Gooch(born in Cole County, MO) in 1839. I'm wondering if he was a brother to this William who married "Hazy" because John named one of his MANY children Hazy and another one William. His William married a Isabelle "Belle" McKinney. They were my great grandparents. Any connection here?

Thanks for answering,
JeanAnne

Gilmore Family

Harold McKinney (View posts)
Surnames: McKinney, Gilmore
Keziah "Hazy" McKinney Married a William Gilmore on
Christmas Day 1828 in Cole County Missouri. They subsequently moved to Texas County, I think. They had a flock of children born between 1830 and 1857. One of these could have been an ancestor to your Grandfather.

Harold McKinney

Katie White Gilmore

Surnames: Gilmore
I have one of my grandfather's brothers listed as James Andrew "Andy" Gilmore, b. Sept 22, 1885, who married a "Kate" but I have nothing on her but it sounds as if she is your relative because most of my line of Gilmores ended up in and around Des Moines, Iowa. Could you please send me more info on her line (your line) and let me know what you need--if anything--on Andy's line.
Thanks so much for answering. It has been so difficult to get ANY information on the Gilmores.
As always,
JeanAnne
www.annecaldwell.com

Gilmore

Harold McKinney (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gilmore, McKinney
I think there's more than a good possibility. The name Gooch was taken on by some of those originally named Gouge.
The 1830 census of Cole County lists Gouges, Millers, Gilmores, Fulkersons, Wades, Inglish,Chambers, McKinneys, names all common to the Moniteau Colony which came from Tennessee to Cole County shortly after the Louisiana Purchase. John Gilmore is listed.

Gilmore family

Posted: 9 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2004 5:08AM GMT
Surnames: Gilmore
My great great grandparents were Wilburn I. and Keziah "Hazy" (McKinney) Gilmore of Texas County, MO. Wilburn's full brother was John Gilmore who married Mariah Gooch. His half brother was Minor Silas Gilmore who married Selina Burnett. Wilburn also had one half sister and two full sisters- Elizabeth Gilmore Weaver, Rebecca Gilmore Gobble, and Roena Gilmore McKinney. Roena married Hazy's brother Calvin McKinney. Wilburn and John's father was named "Conkey", then "Gilmer" then "John Gilmer" then finally "John Gilmore."
According to William Gilmore's Miller Roll of Eastern Cherokee's Application, his parents John & Mariah (Gouge) Gilmore were still living in Texas County in 1907. Do photo's of them exist?
Posted: 20 Aug 2001 2:11PM GMT
I am connected to this line and would like very much to learn any information you have and especially stories and such. Elizabeth "Betsy" Jane Gilmore and Jesse Weaver is how the line connects to yours.

Can email me privately at bonniea@centurytel.net if you like.
Thanks
Bonnie

Re: Gilmore family

Posted: 20 Aug 2001 6:25PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2004 5:08AM GMT
Please e-mail me and let me know how you are descended from Elizabeth and Jesse Weaver. I have more info for you than I can put in this reply. gnichols@4state.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions