Search for content in message boards

Seeking obituary for Josiah P. PENNINGTON

Seeking obituary for Josiah P. PENNINGTON

Nance Sampson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2006 7:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PENNINGTON
According to the SSDI, Josiah P. Pennington was born on 05 Dec 1899 (place unknown) and died in Albuquerque on 18 Apr 1994. He was a minister in our local church in northern Wisconsin from 1938 through 1953. I am seeking his obituary as part of the history that is being compiled in commemoration of our church's 100th anniversary celebration later this summer (2006). Any assistance in finding this obituary would be greatly appreciated.

My sincere thanks in advance,

Nance Sampson

Re: Seeking obituary for Josiah P. PENNINGTON

Posted: 22 Feb 2006 2:53AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2006 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: PENNINGTON
Hello,
You can find obits from the Albuquerque Journal from 03.1.98 to present @ http://obits.abqjournal.com/ or access information by emailing the folks at the Albq Public Library Special Collections Library @ http://www.cabq.gov/library/specol.html

Good luck!

Posted: 20 Nov 2008 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: RHODES, BENDLES
I have nothing about Josiah, but came across your name with respect to RHODES. I have an original marriage certificate for William Samuel BENDLES and Bessie Kate Web RHODES, date 11 July 1886, in Plymouth, Devon, UK.
I have no use for this - emerged from my late father's ephemera. If you're interested I'll send it to any address you wish - gratis.
Keir Polyblank UK

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 6:25PM GMT
Nance,

Did you ever find his obituary? I am looking for one also for the same reason. He a minister in the Congregational Church in Douglas, Michigan and also interim pastor at Grandville-Jenison Congregational Church in Michigan, and served as a supply minister until the 1990's. The Grandville Church is celebrating it's 175th Anniversary in Oct. 2013 and I am researching it's ministers and the churches they served.
My mother was the church secretary/clerk during most of the time he was there. Both he and his wife continued to attended regularly.
Jeanne Beauvais
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions