Search for content in message boards

William Bragg born in Virginia

William Bragg born in Virginia

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 11:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Oct 2001 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: Lucas, Bias, Bragg, Booth,McComas, Smith, Hatfield, Bradley
I am searching for a William Bragg born abt. 1831 in Virginia m. Mary unknown. born abt. 1831 in Va. Their children are:
George Bragg b/d 1856
Franklin Bragg b/d 1860
Martha Bell Bragg b/d 1862
Ella Bragg b/d 1862
McCellan Bragg b/d Jan. 6, 1863 (my husbands line.)
Effie Bragg b/d 1867
Any help on this family would be greatly appreciated .
Thanks,
Shirley

Re: William Bragg born in Virginia

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 2:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2002 1:47PM GMT
My William was born in Va. His first wife was Anna Lucas. He died in Highland Co. Ohio Anyone researching this line, I would like to exchange information with. Please contact me direct.

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 5:15PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2001 3:56PM GMT
Hi Linda,
Don't know if our William is the same one or not. My william was married to a Mary unknown. But I am interested in your Lucas side of the family also. My maiden name is Lucas. I have been trying to find my ggrandfather Thomas Lucas ancestors for a long time. If you would like to exchange info on these families you may e- mail me direct at Hamom01@ aol.com
Thanks in advance,
Shirley Lucas Bias

Sarah (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2002 9:39PM GMT
Was your George Bragg married to a Laura Alice Rush and have a son Will Hastings Bragg?

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 8:08PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2002 8:11PM GMT
I don't know who George married. I can't find much information on the family. The only one I have any information on is Eleanor Bragg, she married Milton hersikell Davidson. Do you have any information on this family?
Shirley

Sarah (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2002 8:27PM GMT
No, sorry not that I have found so far. If I do find an Eleanor Bragg in my family I will let you know.
Sarah

Totty (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2002 4:19AM GMT
Wm. Moore Bragg was born in Va. married: Mary Jane "Jenny" York. Their son Henderson Bragg married: Sarah Elizabeth Lakin. Henderson and Sarah Bragg were the parents of Rev. George E. Bragg wife 1. Jennie Russell 2nd wife Laura Rush.
Rev. George E. wife Laura Rush Bragg were the parents of Wm.
Hasting Bragg born 9 Feb 1880 Greentown Howard Co. IN. married Sara Eleanor Abbott 15 Mar. 1907 Wm. Hasting Bragg died 21 Jan 1934 TB Sanitoriam at Anderson
Wm. Moore Bragg and Mary Jane " Jenny" York are my family line. I will be happy to share the information I have.
Totty

Posted: 14 Aug 2003 4:50PM GMT
QUESTION: WHERE DID YOU FIND THE NAME "WILLIAM" IN WILLIAM MOORE BRAGG? I AM DESCENDED FROM MOORE BRAGG AND JENNY YORK THROUGH THEIR SON HENDERSON. I HAVE A THEORY OF WHO MOORE'S PARENTS ARE. I THINK HIS PARENTS ARE WILLIAM BRAGG, SON OF MOORE BRAGG AND SARAH KELLY, AND WIFE'S NAME RUTH ASBURY, OR THAT THE SAME WILLIAM BRAGG IS THE SAME PERSON AS MOORE BRAGG. (WHICH COULD MAKE HIS NAME WILLIAM MOORE BRAGG). JENNY COULD BE MOORE'S SECOND WIFE.
NANCY BRAGG, DAUGHTER OF MOORE AND JENNY, MARRIED AN EYESTONE (I CANNOT RECALL HIS FIRST NAME) AND HAD A SON NAMED ASBURY EYESTONE. I HAVE READ SOME MESSAGES FROM NANCY BRAGG EYESTONES FAMILY THAT STATES THAT THEY FEEL THAT MOORE'S NAME IS ACTUALLY WILLIAM MOORE BRAGG AND THAT HE WAS IN THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR.
I HAVE INFORMATION FROM THE BIOGRAPHICAL HISTORY OF BOONE COUNTY (INDIANA) LISTED UNDER CAPTAIN JAMES BRAGG (SON OF WILLIAM, SON OF MOORE AND BROTHER TO HENDERSON) THAT MOORE AND MARY YORK WERE BOTH CHILDREN OF REVOLUTIONARY WAR SOLDIERS.

Sarah (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2003 2:18AM GMT
I got it from someone else that is researching the jones family too. I just reread his e-mail and i should have taken the william off because he said he thinks it was a mistake that his cousin made. I will have to research who said moores parents might be. :D

Thanks
sarah

Totty (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2004 4:45AM GMT
I think you are correct. However I think it was not Wm. Moore or Moore Bragg husband of Mary Jane "Jenny" York Bragg, who was the Revo. War Veteran but his father.
Wm. Moore Bragg husband to Jenny was to young to be in the Rev. War I believe he was in the War of 1812 with John Daubenspeck. Who married Jenny York Bragg widow of Moore Bragg.
My line is Nancy Bragg who married Jonathan Eyestone.
You are correct she did name a son Jonathan Asbury, also a son Wm. Moore.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions