Search for content in message boards

Mollie Dove Polk Robertson Co. Texas

Mollie Dove Polk Robertson Co. Texas

Posted: 4 Feb 2007 12:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Polk and Hope
Mollie Dove(Polk )Hope. B.5 Feb 1872 D.22 Aug 1965.
Petteway Cem. Robertson Co. Texas wife of A.G. Hope.
Her parents could be Ed and Emily (Milam ) Polk.
If any one could help me with further Info. Please Help.
There also is in Falls Co.Texas Lott a Nelson E Polk b.2 Apr
1862 and d. 13 Nov 1913 Woodsman of the world stone.
Emily Polk b. 25 May 1858 and d. 3 Apr 1947.
I question if they are related to one another
Thank You Linda B.

Re: Mollie Dove Polk Robertson Co. Texas

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 10:58PM GMT
Linda,
Mollie Dove Polk b. 1872, could not be a daughter of Nelson Edward Polk, because he was still single in the 1880 census and living with his parents. Nelson Edward m. Emily Palmer Milam in either 1882-1883 (1900 census info) or 6 Dec 1885, depending on what one chooses to accept. The 1900 census for this couple shows 3 children in the hh, and a marriage of 17 years. This census also shows 6 children born, 4 now living, which means there is a child elsewhere, possibly a daughter who must have married quite young to be gone from the hh by 1 June 1900, especially in the 1885 marriage date is correct (one reason I wonder about that; more likely the daughter was born 1883 or so, married young). All this, of course, assumes that the 1900 census info is correct on the living children. I have nothing in my large db about any marriage of a Mary or Molly or Mollie Dove Polk to a Hope. Provide more details and possibly I can come up with something. I have more info on Texas Polks than any other group. Bill Polk

Posted: 18 Dec 2010 1:34AM GMT
There is a Mollie Dove Polk in our family (my grandmothers sister). She was born 05 Feb. 1882 in Arkansas to Nelson Edward Polk and Emily Palmer Milam. She married Andrew George Hope in 1898. Her siblings were sister Susie Effie Polk (William Sanford Downes) (my grandmother)... brother James Ellis Polk... sister Virginia Echo Polk (Lossie Franklin Bone, then Marion Downes).... brother Thomas Polk (Edna Mae Polk). Mollie and Andrew George Hope's children were Myrtle Hope, Mettie Hope, Mamie Donnie Hope, Fronnie Hope, Ivy E. Hope, Phennie Ree Hope. Mollie Doves other spouce (who she married in 1935) was Lewis K. Williams.

Posted: 21 Jan 2011 5:48PM GMT
Questioning Mollie Dove Polk being the daughter of Nelson Polk and Emily Milam.
Has been solved I have a copy from the funeral home and it states she was born 5 Feb 1882.
So the date on her tombstone is not correct.
Information was given by her two oldest son-in-laws.
If interested I will send you a copy.
Pitwidow@AOL.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions