Search for content in message boards

Maria and Betsey Slater

Maria and Betsey Slater

Posted: 19 Jun 2004 1:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jun 2004 12:52PM GMT
Surnames: slater
Looking for any info on sisters Maria and Betsey Slater living in Schoharie, NY in 1860.

Re: Maria and Betsey Slater

Posted: 10 Jul 2011 1:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Slater, Hunter, Cole, Schermerhorn
I have a gg grandmother had the name of MARIA SLATER b. 1812 in Schoharie NY. I have found her and her family, her husband ADAM H. HUNTER and her children:

Household Members:
Name Age
Adam H Hunter 59 (b.1801)
Maria Hunter 48 (b.1812)
Catharine Hunter 13
Louisa Hunter 12
Julia Ann Hunter 6
Martha Hunter 2

I am still working on "fleshing" out this family, but the daughter "LOUISA" was my grandmother and we know for a fact that "MARIA" was full blooded NATIVE AMERICAN, that information came to us from the Town Historian of Esperance where they were living at the time. As I have read here on the message boards, there were a lot of SLATERS but I havent found all that many in Schoharie during the early times, but it is very likely that there were many more of them located further downstate. If anyone has any more information on this family, I would be very happy to receive it. It is very possible that this MARIA might be a sister of this person BETSEY, though I have never found her but then, I wasn't looking for her. I just noticed this post today, 7 years later.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions