Search for content in message boards

Archibald Clark born Ireland

Archibald Clark born Ireland

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 9:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Oct 2003 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: CLARK, PATTERSON Ireland to Indiana
Trying to figure out the children and such on Archibald CLARK born 1765 in Ireland.
Married in 1783 in Ireland wife unknown.

Children were:
Samuel, Gabrriel, Elizabeth, William and Archibald who married Sussana or Suzzana Graves.
(Possibly Susannah Lucy Grove, trying to figure if it's the same gal)

Email me:
Chevygirl65@aol.com
Many thanks in advance who can help me straighten this family out.
~Kathy~

Re: Archibald Clark born Ireland

Dave Clark (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2003 3:06PM GMT
My (4G)Grandfather Archibald Clark was born in Ireland c1750, came to America in 1797 with at least 3 sons, Samuel, Gabriel and Archibald Jr. Arch. Jr., my (3G)Grandfather married Susannah (Lucy) Grove 23 Aug 1804. Her last name has appeared with several spellings, but this seems to be correct.
I have a great deal of info. on the Clark/es after they arrived in USA, but very little on their life in Ireland. I would love to share anything with you. Also you can find my tree on World Connect, mine is the one with "hdc" as author.
Please contact me if I can help.

Posted: 30 Sep 2003 1:14PM GMT
Where in the US did your grandfather come to?

Dave Clark (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2003 2:18PM GMT
Our history states that Arch.Clark/e and 3 sons Samuel, Arch.Jr. and Gabriel left Ireland and arrived in Virginia in 1797. In 1810 or 1811 they moved to Coshocton Co. OH. In about 1830 Arch. Jr., wife Susannah and all 12 childred moved to Carroll Co. IN. In June of 1852 many of them loaded up their wagons and moved West into Iowa where they founded the town of Clarksville.

Posted: 30 Sep 2003 3:55PM GMT
I was hoping to make a connection. But my Clark's came and settled into Maryland.

Posted: 24 Mar 2004 7:11PM GMT
I have a great deal of information on this family. My 2nd great-grandmother was Harriett (Hattie) Clark born in Coshocton Co., Ohio. Her father was Gabriel Clark, grandson of Archibald Clark Jr. Wold love to share information.

Posted: 27 Jul 2010 9:27PM GMT
I just discovered this site a few days ago and find we are distant cousins! My 2nd great grandmother was Hattie's older sister Dora. Dora married Charles T. Isaacs on 9-14-1882 at her family home in Coshocton. The couple immediately settled in Jackson Co. Kansas (near Holton) where Chas was from. Chas served as Jackson Co. sheriff 1910-1914 and then they moved to Pt.Pleasant, ultimately residing in nearby Hoyt, KS.

I believe Hattie (and possibly another younger sister?) ultimately moved out to Kansas also?

My father spoke fondly of his great aunt Hattie! His childhood memories of Dora & Hattie are of very jolly women who were life long best friends.

I welcome the opportunity for us to share further!
auntyace@aol.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions