Search for content in message boards

Stewarts Of London

Stewarts Of London

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 10:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart
I am trying to trace my family tree from my 3rd Gt Grandmother Susannah Stewart b.1793 London, England. Md.John Emery 11-2-1810 Marylebone,London. I have her parents as Alexander Stewart b.1761 London and Elizabeth Pickering Reid b.1761.Susannah's grandfather was David Stewart b.1740 London Md. Sarah Page 25-3-1760 and he died 1780 London. I have all records up until here but i can find no record for David's birth with his parents names. If anyone can help i would be greatful.

Re: Stewarts Of London

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 10:23PM GMT
Hello. I am also researching David Stewart and Sarah Page as they are in my ancestral line. However, like you, I have not been able to find David's parents as access to their names are blocked on Ancestry.co.uk for "privacy issues". I wonder if you have managed to do so since you posted this query in 2011? I would be very pleased if you can share with me.
Stuart Kaye.

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 8:50AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
Hello, I have had no luck at all in trying to trace the Stewart line. I have looked back through the BMD records for St Benet Fink and no records go back further than about 1740 which is David. I read up a little of the history of St Benet Fink church and lots of people came to it from other areas so I can only surmise that that is what our ancestors did. If I do get any further I will certainly let you know. Good luck with you're search, sorry I couldn't be more help.
Kelley

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 9:20PM GMT
Surnames: Stuart
Hi Kelley,

Thank you for your reply. Yesterday I established that Alexander Stuart 1718-? was the father of David Stuart 1740-1780 but I have been unable to discover Alexander parentage.
Stuart.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions