Search for content in message boards

Pasting notes into FTM 2009?

Pasting notes into FTM 2009?

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 2:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Is there any way to do this? I have text (i.e. a long obit) which I want to just copy and paste into the Notes section. FTM 2009 does not want to let me do this. Is there a patch that fixes this? Or some way to work around it? Thanks -

Re: Pasting notes into FTM 2009?

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 2:57AM GMT
It has always worked for me. Ctrl-c in source document (like notepad, word, pdf file), Ctrl-v in FTM.

regards,

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 3:27AM GMT
I have tried copying text and pasting directly(Cn-C, Cn-V or commands), and also pasted into Word or Notepad first and then RE-copying and they STILL won't paste. :/

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 4:03AM GMT
Believe it or not I would periodically have the same
problem in both 2011 and 2012 versions where I could not cut and paste. Even if I copied into a word documentd first.
The problem would raise it's ugly head and then if by magic rectify itself a couple of weeks later. Obviously some bug but having said that I haven't been troubled by it for some 6 months or so now.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 1:09PM GMT
When you have this problem don't use Word Perfect, MS Word or other high end word processor, as there is probably a hidden character that FTM does not like.

It is best to use note pad or some simple text editor. Doing it this way scrubs the unacceptable character.

You may have to clear the clipboard, by pasting in notepad, selecting the same text again and pasting it into FTM.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 2:49PM GMT
Thanks, I will try that. I also tried updating, but it won't go past .85 (and I know it goes up to version .94 at least....).

I was going to buy 2012, but with all the "slow" complaints I think I'll wait.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 4:21PM GMT
A year ago I was one of the ones complaining about the speed of FTM 2012. While they have done nothing about the time that it takes FTM to load, they have made significant gains in the time it takes to generate and open charts and reports.

As for the time it takes to navigate around the various windows to review or manipulate data, the speed is quite acceptable.

If speed is your main concern in upgrading, I would say it is no longer a problem. BUT it is my understanding that FTM 2009 and FTM 2012 are not that different.

There is one reason for upgrading. If you have a very old computer that is on the verge of dying, it may be easier to update FTM now, and not have to get use to the horrible Windows 8 interface and the new items in FTM. Also FTM 2012, which is going to be updated through out 2013, will run on Windows 8, I don't know about widows 2009.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 5:56PM GMT
2012 is much slower than 2009. I'm still using 2010 for my main databases as 2012 is still too slow.

Regards,

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 2:43AM GMT
Well, tried this, and it still didn't work. :/

About ready to start using another program. I wanted to have a program that I don't have to keep reloading photos, and also use the notes (which I use a LOT) and this is just irritating.

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 3:27AM GMT
Are you clicking on the text space before doing the paste? That's necessary.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic