Search for content in message boards

George W.Cole/Marie Louisiana Poissot, m. 1891, Natchitoches Parish

George W.Cole/Marie Louisiana Poissot, m. 1891, Natchitoches Parish

Posted: 15 Apr 2001 7:53PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2002 7:53PM GMT
Looking for information on the family history of my great-grandfather, George Washington Cole. He was born 8/22/1858 in Meridian,MS. His father may have also been named George. His mother may have been named Lizzy or Lou and may have been French and Indian (possibly Choctaw).

He married Marie Louisiana Poissot on 12/22/1891 in Natchitoches Parish,LA.

They had 10 children:
Suzzy (m. Issac Benjiman Lowery)
Louisiana (m. Bill Johnson)
Butch Steve
Laney (m. Fanny)
Leanna (m. Marshall Anderson)
Elizabeth
Berry Nita (m. Weldon Copeland)
Mary Alpha (my grandmother, m. 1.Andrew Jackson Alston & 2.Hiram Valentine Sheppard)James (m. Mamie)
Lement (d. in infancy).
They also raised their grandson Bill Johnson Jr. after the death of his mother Louisiana. Bill Johnson went by the name of Bill Cole.

The family lived in Texas.

George Washington Cole died 7/26/1920 in Bronson,TX

Re: George W.Cole/Marie Louisiana Poissot, m. 1891, Natchitoches Parish

MISSY (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2001 7:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
HAVE LOT'S OF BACKGROUND THERE HAS BEEN A FAMILY BOOK DONE.

MISSY (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2001 7:28PM GMT
HAVE LOT'S OF BACKGROUND THERE HAS BEEN A FAMILY BOOK DONE. HE COMES FROM THE LINEAGE OF BENOIT BERTIL POISSO. THERE ARE MANY VARIATIONS ON THE SPELLING OF THE NAME POISSO.
LOUISIANA WAS A CHOCTAW INDIAN. MARY ALPHEY WAS MY GREAT GRAND MOTHER.

EVELYN SHEPPARD MARKS (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2001 6:36AM GMT
HAVE LOTS OF INFO, WOULD LOVE TO SHARE WITH YOU I AM THE DAUGHTER OF MARY ALPHA& HIRAM SHEPPARD.

Posted: 3 Nov 2001 6:02AM GMT
Surnames: Cole
Please contact me at emcdorman@hotmail.com. My mother was Nadine Ruth Alston, eldest child of Mary Alpha Cole and her first husband, Andrew Jackson Alston. I would appreciate any information that you are willing to share and I have lots of questions.

Posted: 3 Nov 2001 6:08AM GMT
Please contact me at emcdorman@hotmail.com. Would appreciate hearing from you. I have the book on the Poissot genealogy.

Posted: 23 Apr 2003 5:11PM GMT
I realize this is almost 2 years after your posting, but I've only been on this "quest" a couple of months. I haven't found anything on George Washington Cole as yet. At the moment I'm waiting on his death certificate. I will be more than glad to send a copy to any ancestors who would like it (if I ever receive it!) My Grandmother was Susie Cole Lowrey, oldest daughter of George W. Cole and Marie A. Poissot Cole. Any leads will be very much appreciated.

Erma Hoggatt (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2003 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Cole
Sure would love to hear from all of you on this message board concerning George Washington Cole and his wife as I AM the granddaughter of Susie Anna Cole Lowrey Barfield, and have not been able to find very much information on the Cole line so far...Knew a lot of the family, but not about Grandma Lowrey's parents...If anybody can, get in touch with me anytime at my email address....thank you in advance...Erma Hoggatt

cassie poisso (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2005 1:02AM GMT
hi there i think that we may be related in some way email me
and i will let you in on our history of our family and the book of the poissots

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 7:43AM GMT
I am the Great Grandson of Laney and Fanny Cole. Laney was the son of George and Marie Cole. I have found lots of info on Mare Poissot, I have been trying to find info on George W. Cole. I believe he was Cherokee Indian, and that he was from Meridian, MS. If anyone has any info on George or Marie, please email me.

Thank you,

William Cole
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions