Search for content in message boards

Parents of Peter Haas baptized in 1801 at Hill Church, Berks County, PA

Parents of Peter Haas baptized in 1801 at Hill Church, Berks County, PA

Posted: 18 Apr 2010 12:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haas
Peter Haas was baptized 22 September 1801.at St. Joseph ("Hill") Church in Pike Township, Berks County, PA. I have long sought information about his parents. There are indications that his parents were a Frederick and Catherine (this according to Church Records, CRH645, Vol I at the Berks County Historical Society). I have no other information about Frederick. When and where was he born? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Parents of Peter Haas baptized in 1801 at Hill Church, Berks County, PA

Posted: 13 Aug 2010 10:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haas
My great grandfather was a Peter Haas who emigated to Philadelphia - no date - married and had children Annie, Jacob (who remained in Germany),k Mary, Samuel, Margrett & George. George married Mary Amer and they had children William, Annarose & Charlotte. William was my grandfather and married Dorcas J. Mingin and had children Madalyn J. and George F. My grandmother, Dorcas, kept sketchy records which have not been much help in finding information. Peter is said to have had a saloon in Philadelphia. My grandfather, William, worked for Dobson's Mills in Falls of Schuylkill. 1870 Census Philadelphia showed George & Mary living with two children with McNulty and Felton families. My father George Felton Haas was named for Anthony Felton. This census showed George, my great grandfather born in Bavaria. I was told by my grandmother that our Haas family was originally Catholic. If any of this sounds familiar to you please let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions