Search for content in message boards

Upgrading from 2011 to 2012

Upgrading from 2011 to 2012

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 2:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm considering upgrading to FTM 2012 for it's ability to sync my FTM files with my ancestry.com tree.

I assume when you sync theses files that those facts marked private on my FTM file are not included in the sync with the ancestry.com tree. Is this a correct assumption?

Also, I have hundreds if not thousands of media files on my FTM file some of which are copyrighted media files. Is there a way to privatize these files as well so that they are not included in a sync with the ancestry.com tree?

Re: Upgrading from 2011 to 2012

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 4:10PM GMT
Private facts are not sync'd to Ancestry. You can mark each piece of media private and it won't be sync'd (available only with the last patch) but there isn't, unfortunately, a global media privatize function.

Send them a suggestion for global media privatize. It sounds very useful.

Re: Upgrading from 2011 to 2012

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 5:10PM GMT
Thanks for your response. I've asked this question before and was told it was not possible. But, as you have indicated this is an option available with the last patch. I now have confidence in upgrading to FTM 2012.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions