Search for content in message boards

Finn Family Portadown Armagh Ireland

Finn Family Portadown Armagh Ireland

Posted: 2 Aug 2007 5:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for the family of Henry Finn born abt 1841 in Portadown Ireland. He is my GGGrandfather who immigrated to Queensland Australia in 1864.Parents & siblings names would be very much appreciated.
Thank You Wendy

Re: Finn Family Portadown Armagh Ireland

Posted: 30 Jan 2008 3:06AM GMT
Hi,
I am also researching the finn family, I have a GGGrandfather named Henry finn. I am not sure of his birthdate or place I only have his spouse Jane Haughton and children Robert John my great grandfather, Pauline, Reginald. Robert was born in toowoomba Queensland. I realise this doesn't help you much but am happy to pass on any info I find in the future or any I have now that you are intersted in. If this sounds like the same person I would be gratefull for any information also. He was a miner.
Regards Bev

Posted: 30 Jan 2008 8:24AM GMT
Hi Bev,
My email address is dennis.wendy@bigpond.com
I would very much like to get in touch about Henry Finn and Jane Houghton Children Robert John, Mary Ann Rebecca, Emily Rachel, Maud (my greatgrandmother)William Henry, Walter, Victor, and Henry George there is two more but I have forgotten them for the moment.
Wendy Baker Illawong NSW

Posted: 6 Feb 2008 12:36AM GMT
Surnames: Finn
Hi Bev,
We seem to have the same GGGrandfather, my greatgrandmother was Robert Finn's sister Maud, their mother was Jane Houghton. I sent you a message last week but at the time my computer was playing up so I do not know if you received my message. Would like to exchange info if you are a mind to.
Robert Finn lived in Western Australia is that where you live, I live in Illawong NSW. Would love to here from you.
Wendy Baker.

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 12:29AM GMT
my name is chris finn, my dads name is colin finn. his father was harry finn of bridge st. edenderry portadown co.armagh n, ireland. I would love to hear more about this link with my grandfathers family

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 5:33AM GMT
Surnames: Finn
Hi Chris
My greatgreatgrandfather was Henry Finn born about 1841 Portadown Ireland. He was an assisted emigrant who sailed out from Queenstown on the 12th April 1864 onboard the "Sultana" and arrived on Thursday 18th August 1864 in Maryborough Queensland. I cannot find out what he did between 1864 and 1870, but he had a child, Robert in 1871 to my greatgreatgrandmother out of wedlock but married her in 1872 in Toowoomba Queensland. They had another 9 children at Stanthorpe Queensland, he was a miner there.In all there was Robert, Mary, Emily (Died aged 2), Rachel, William (Died aged 2 1/2), Maud (my greatgrandmother),Victor, Walter, and Henry George, there was also an unnamed child who died at childbirth. I have more info on his wife and children but none of Henry's early life in Northern Ireland, he died in 1896 in Bundaberg Queensland Australia. On Henry's death certificate his father's name was Robert Finn and his mother's name was Rachel Weir.Is this the Henry Finn you have in your Family Tree if so, here is my email address dennis.wendy@bigpond.com Regards Wendy

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 12:44AM GMT
I am also interested in your reply re Henry Finn. My great grandmother was Lily McFall born in 1895 in Florencecourt portadown. her mother was Jane Finn. I found old photos online of florencecourt that mentionned a harry Finn in 1977 in that area who had a bird loft.I feel this must be a descendent. i have requested death certs on Jane Finn to get more details.please contact. Jayne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions