Search for content in message boards

Bone Mcmillan

Bone Mcmillan

Posted: 7 Jun 2004 5:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mcmillan,Mcmillin,Mcmillen
I am searching for descendants of Bonaparte(Bone) Mcmillan who died March 14,1911 in Desoto Parish.

Re: Bone Mcmillan

Gail Clifton (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2004 3:28AM GMT
Bone McMillan is my g-grandfather, Napoleon McMillan, brother. The McMillans are my double ancestors, relating Napoleon on father's side and Bone on my mother's side.

Bone is buried in the Confederate Memorial Cemetery in Keatchie, Louisiana.

Posted: 8 Jun 2004 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: Mcmillan
I am researching Absalom McMillan from Desoto Parish,who is my gg grandfather.While researching Absalom's confederacy records I came across a Bonaparte McMillan who enlisted the same day (12-11-1861) as Absalom and the same camp (Camp Moore,LA) and the same company (I).Have you came across an Absalom in your research of your family?Could there be a link between Bone and Absalom?

charles norwood (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2004 4:09AM GMT
i read your inquiry .found it interesting. i lived in desoto parish for several years. i do a lot of research on desoto parish families. i am 47 yrs old and have been to keatchie cemetery many times. its one of the few real historical locations in desoto parish. my gg grandfather was in desoto parish from
1846-1876. he died in 1876. his name was george alexander
norwood.anyone who does research on desoto parish
history would like to hear from them. i am also related to
the shadoins of desoto parish. had a gg aunt who married a shadoin.fannie mae norwood-shadoin marriage. buried in old union cemtery in trenton community south of mansfield.

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: McMillan
Absalom McMillin Sr. lived in Desoto Parish from 1839 - 1860.The paper trail ended in 1854 . And did'nt begin again until 1860 when he showed up on the 1860 Leon County,Texas census.His wife Anna had died by then , maybe buried somewhere in Desoto Parish?He had at least 12 children , maybe more.Some of which are William(1810),Sophia(1827),James(1828),Elijah(1815),Nancy(1832),Bathena(1834),Anne(1836),Absalom Jr.(1839),and four other females names unknown.Some family surnames tied to this family are: Vann,Owen,Means,Nanny,Robinson.

jane (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2005 9:05PM GMT
Cathy, I have never seen Elijah McMillin ( Bn AL or TN 1816) listed as son of Absalom McMillin (Bn SC 1774) and have b een trying for four years to find blood connection between the two. Can you help, please? The Anne I have encountered in my searching was his wife and born in KY. Does your information give her a maiden name and them a marriage date or place? Thank you. Jane Bubier

Posted: 20 Jan 2005 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: McMillin
Anna or Anna - I still can't find a last name. Have searched high and low. I am still looking more towards SC since William was born there.

I am basing my supposition to these facts:
(1)On the 1830 Bibb,Al census : among others, 2 males 15-20.
(2) On the 1860 Leon,Tx census: living next door to each other.
(3) On the 1850 Desoto,La census together ,though not next door.These two families migrated together .
It is likely that they are not related - but I have corresponded with several distant cousins related through Absalom that have concluded the same as me .

Posted: 5 May 2009 9:20PM GMT
Gail, Would like to exchange info if this listing is still good. My father ran the store at Carrolls mill and knew Bish and Robert very well. Thanks James Smith sjam53@yahoo.com

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 1:08AM GMT
Absalom had a daughter named Violet, in the 1850 or 1860 census for DeSoto Parish, she was listed with her husband Rich Lawhon (I think that was his name), living in the household next to my gg-grandfather, Duncan Blue McMillan. I found Violet's marriage record in Bibb Co., AL. I believe our McMillans were related. Walter McMillan mcmillan711@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions