Search for content in message boards

Henry BOARDMAN, 1817-1900

Henry BOARDMAN, 1817-1900

Posted: 30 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Feb 2003 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: Boardman, Williams, Spease, Hunt, Zetterberg, Anderson
I'm looking for information about my great-great-grandfather, Henry (or Harry) BOARDMAN and his descendants.

He was born 13 June 1817, in Grand Isle, Grand Isle, Vermont, son of Henry BOARDMAN and Deborah BISHOP, and died 21 March 1900, probably in Wisconsin (buried in Fairwater Cemetery, Metomen).

Married (probably in Vermont) Louise M. WILLIAMS, born 28 November 1818. After the birth of their first child, Charlotte S. BOARDMAN, about 1843, they moved to the Fond du Lac area, where George BOARDMAN and Henry A. BOARDMAN were born. Louise died 05 September 1854 (buried in Fairwater Cemetery, Metomen).

Henry next married Laura M. SPEASE, about 1856, probably in Wisconsin. Their children were:
-Henrietta (Etta) Sophia BOARDMAN, (22 August 1858 - March 1941) (my great-grandmother, married Joseph Franklin HUNT);
-Ernest D. BOARDMAN, 1861-1924 (buried in New Richland, Minnesota)
-Will BOARDMAN (b. after 1860? - not shown in 1860 census)
-Frank BOARDMAN ( " " )
-Bert BOARDMAN ( " " )

Henry Boardman and his two wives are listed in the book by Henry Boardman Taylor and Rev. B. S. Taylor, "Some Accounts of the Ancestors, Relatives, and Family of Henry Boardman Taylor," (October 1892), and he is mentioned in several of the histories of the early Fond du Lac area that I've found on the Internet. Other than my great-grandmother Henrietta, and Ernest Boardman's burial, I've been unable to trace any of Henry's other children. I've also so far been unable to trace the parentage of Laura M. Spease, my great-great-grandmother.

Re: Henry BOARDMAN, 1817-1900

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 2:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
The authors of the book you reference are my G G Grandfather and my G Grandfather. My Grandmother was Arla Marion Taylor, Bushrod's first born. It's always interesting to see info from other family members. My tree on Ancestry is " Taylor Boardman Smiley Morlan" I am Phil Taylor
per page

Find a board about a specific topic