Search for content in message boards

Betha Marie Rood , needed obituary Argyle , Lafayette

Betha Marie Rood , needed obituary Argyle , Lafayette

Posted: 14 Oct 2010 8:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi.
I'm search for some familymembers that left from Norway - the US.

A sister fo a greatgrandmother of mine ; Bertha Marie Gulbrandson Rood born 06.03.1859 in Norway left for the US in 1883.

She got married Peter Rood 07.25.1885. He was also a norwegian , born in 1860 somewhere in Norway. He died 05.22.1900 in Marinette , it could be in the County o

Bertha Marie died 10.26.1903. I need her obit to find out if they got any children, and where her sister is living in the US.

Thank you for any help!!

Regards
Tormod Thoresen
Drammen
Norway

Re: Betha Marie Rood , needed obituary Argyle , Lafayette

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 2:48AM GMT
Surnames: Rood and Gulbrandson
ARGYLE ATLAS - OCTOBER, 1903
After a lingering illness Mrs. Peter O. Rood ded at her home in Argyle, Oct. 26, aged 44 years. She was born in Norway, but came to America in 1883 and was married to Peter O. Rood in 1885. Five children were born to them, four of whom are still living. The funeral services were held in the Lutheran church on Wednesday, Rev. J. M. Halvorson conducting the services in both Norwegian and English. The remains were laid to rest in Woodlawn cemetery.
Tormod, could her sister have been, Carrie? Write me at marie@mhtc.net

Posted: 22 Oct 2010 4:06AM GMT
Tormod, I have some info on Bertha's descendants. I can also tell you that the Peter Rood who died in Marinette was not her husband, as he is alive for the 1905, 1910 and 1920 censuses, still living in Argyle.

Descendants of Gulbrand Hovelsen

Gulbrand Hovelsen
+Ragnild Olsen
Their daughter:
1. Bertha Marie Gulbrandson b: 03 Jun 1859 in Norway d: 26 Oct 1903 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI
+Peter O Rood b: Aug 1847 in Hardanger, Norway

Known children of Peter and Bertha:

1. Beatta M Rood b: 20 Mar 1887 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI d: 25 Aug 1967 in Beloit, Rock, WI
+John F Hansen b: 28 Apr 1885 d: 19 Apr 1969 in Beloit, Rock, WI

2.Miranda Gusta Rood b: Feb 1889 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI
Husbands:
1.+Lewis Larson Chenous b: 06 Feb 1883 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI d: 1920 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI
2.+Adolph Erb b: 1884 in Switzerland
3. +Lewis Holman b: 29 Sep 1891 in Carney, MI d: 22 Feb 1923 in Freeport, Stephenson, IL
3. Tyler O Rood b: Apr 1891 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI
4. John Lewis Rood b: 12 Feb 1898 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI d: 09 Jan 1975 in Monroe, Green, WI

I have source information for these details. in addition to multiple generations of descendants. Her daughter Randa married into the Chenous family, to which I'm related. Please let me know what additional details would be useful to you.

I'd love to hear a bit about Bertha's parents and sister and where they lived.

Thanks,
Deb C

Posted: 22 Oct 2010 6:34AM GMT
Thank you Deb.

We got two different Peter O Rood's.

Yours born in Hardanger 1847 and mine born in Norway 1860, Who's the right man.

And I also know that as you wroted Peter O Rood is in 1905 - 1910 and in 1920 still is living in Agryl. "Our" Peter O Rood died 22 may 1900, a month before the census was noted.

You are free to mail me:
tormod@nett-tjenester.no

Than you
Regards
Tormod

Posted: 26 Oct 2010 1:22PM GMT
Hello again.

We have found that Andrine came to Quebec sept 1884. It stand in her paper that she would go for Monroe in Wisconsin. I belive to her sister..

Was Argyle Atlas a very local paper. Could it be another and bigger paper that had moore information??

Andrine could of course be dead.

Tormod

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 8:52PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2012 5:35AM GMT
Bertha was my great grandmother. Randa Rood (Erb, Chenous,Holman) was her daughter. Randa, Miranda had 3 children. Dad had a half brother (died never married no kids)who was Randa's oldest child and a half sister who was Randa's youngest child. Dad's half sister lived in Marinette Wisconsin, and in Carney and Iron Mountain Michigan. I have spoken to one of those descendants by phone in Michigan when dad died. She had a lot of kids. I have their names and cities on a note in my research. There are also relatives in Iowa and in Wisconsin. I have been to Berthas grave in Argyle Wisconsin and did see her memorial card from her funeral at one time but I could not find Randas grave (which I think is in Michigan). Randa is listed in the 1920 Wisconsin census, and her daughter is listed in the 1930 census for Marinette Wisconsin. I'd love to hear from you. eastman_mom@yahoo.com sue@mechair.com

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 9:02PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2012 5:39AM GMT
To Deb C. I mat have missing info for you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic