Search for content in message boards

"Save This Person To My Tree"

"Save This Person To My Tree"

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 6:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Well I would like to BUT ...I had difficulty with this when they were trialling the Beta version recently and reverted back to the old version. However, it now appears that the Beta version has been defaulted and over the past week whenever I try to "Save This Person To My Tree" absolutely nothing happens. I am running FTM 2012 on Win 7. Is there anyway I can let the programmers know what is happening?
Regards
Chris

Re: "Save This Person To My Tree"

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 8:24PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2013 8:25PM GMT
You say you are using FTM2012, but then you talk about "Save This Person to My Tree"...???

"Save this Person to My Tree" is the lingo if one is going to merge a person into your ancestry tree.

FTM's Web Search Workspace has no such button and uses the little green arrow in the lower right corner.

I'm confused with what exactly your problem is. I've been using FTM's Websearch to merge records (although I have to admit I never merge people) all week long with no problems.

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 9:56PM GMT
Thanks for your comments re my posting. "Save this Person to My Tree" is the functionality which appears when the "More Options" bar showing a particular person is clicked. I feel this allows greater flexibility to adjust data coming into your tree than using "merge records" as you have mentioned.
Chris

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 10:34PM GMT
I think I know what he's talking about; it comes up when you pull up someone in a census record in the upper right hand corner of the screen; you hit "Save'" and then get sub-menu, options are:
* Attach this record to someone in my tree
* Save to your shoebox
* Save this image Save this image to your hard drive or removable disk
The first option (attach to someone in my tree) appears to be only valid for an online tree - it is not a valid option for use with FTM
per page

Find a board about a specific topic