Search for content in message boards

Looking for a Metis (Aboriginal) connection in this Boucher Line.

Looking for a Metis (Aboriginal) connection in this Boucher Line.

Posted: 1 Jun 2004 8:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Sep 2004 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: Boucher, Fortier, Hughes, Sirois, Martin, Toussaint, Mignier, Leclerc, Mallet
I am looking for my Metis/Native ancestry and am wondering if anyone has any information on the direct connection from the following list. Please note in my research on the web I have not come across any connection between Pierre Boucher and his son Vincent Boucher. Although only daughters are listed for Pierre and Marie Toussaint, I do have the son confirmation from marriage and death records.

Phillip Joseph (me)
Joseph Charles(father)
George Palma m. Marie Adeline Fortier (grandfather)
Joseph m. Mary Hughes (great-grandfather)
Edouard m. Sophie Michaude Sirois (gg gf)
Vincent m. Rosalie Martin
Pierre m. Marie madeleine louise Toussaint
Phillippe m. Marie Anne Mignier
Jean Galleran m. Marie Leclerc
Marin m. Perinne Mallet

Research tool - re: Looking for a Metis (Aboriginal) connection in this Boucher Line.

Posted: 16 Sep 2004 4:12PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2004 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: Boucher, Bushie
Hi; Check the Rocky Boy Metis records from 1917. There are 2 Bushie ( Boucher) families listed in the records there. One received Canadian Script which is proof that he was of Metis origin. The younger one listed most probably is his son. I am helping a friend research some family lines and this name is one of them.
S.

Wonder if we are related

Margaret (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2004 4:24AM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2004 5:41PM GMT
Surnames: Boucher, Bushie, Lesperance
I WONDER IF WE ARE CONNECTED AS MY GRANDFATHER'S LAST NAME WAS SPELLED LIKE YOURS. BUSHIE ..LATER "BOUCHER".HIS FATHER WAS JEAN MARIE BOUCHER AND MOTHER WAS MARGARET L'ESPERANCE FROM MANITOBA CANADA. HE ALWAYS SAID HE WAS FRENCH...MY GRANDFATHER WAS ALSO BORN AT ELM RIVER OR CREEK MANITOBA CANADA. HIS NAME WAS ATHANOSE OR ATHARDE (REFERRED TO AS TOM BY ALL WHO KNEW HIM)
MARGARET

Does any of those names sound familiar ?

S. Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2004 7:16PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2004 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: Boucher, Nabase, Nault, Riel, Cyr, McDougall
Margaret;

I have 4 Boucher's in my family tree. I had originally posted the message helping someone else. I have forwarded your posting to them so hopefully you will hear from them too.

I have in my tree: Hilaire Boucher married to Francoise Nabase. Their son Elzear Boucher married Marie Rosalie Nault bn 1879. I also have Marguerite Boucher who married Jean Baptiste Riel and a Marie Boucher who married a Jean Baptiste Cyr. Do you have any of these names.

I have only one Lesperance and that is Rosalie Lesperance who married Duncan McDougall. Does this help any?
S.

To Margaret: sorry, no match in mine

Phillip Boucher (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2004 1:03AM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2004 5:43PM GMT
Margaret, none of those people are in my family line, but thanks anyway, much appreciated. Phil

Re: Wonder if we are related

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 11:32PM GMT
Hello both of those names are in my family line,yes french,canadian indian(we are searching)for our Metis roots ,contact me at Skytex@granderiver.net Judy

Isaac Boucher b.1871 m.1895 Mathilda Desaulniers parents of Jos.Eugene

Posted: 25 Mar 2005 6:24PM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2005 7:01PM GMT
Surnames: Boucher, Desaulniers
Looking for Isaac Boucher, bap: dec 02,1871
was married to Mathida Desaulniers Feb 16,1895. a son Joseph Eugene Boucher born Dec 01, 1895. May be Metis
of St Barnabe'

Sophie Bouchur (Boucher) m.1839-05-02 Louis Courtois

Rosalie Payne (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2006 8:13AM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2006 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: Bouchur, Courtois, Govereau

I am looking for the parents of Sophie Bouchur. She married Louis Courtois in St. Louis on May 2, 1839. They most likely were from the Kaskaskia, Il. or Ste. Genevieve Mo. area. She had a son named Vincent and a daughter named Athanasie. They may have been twins. She is my gr. gr. gr. grandmother.
Thank you for any information.

Charles Boucher 2nd m. Mary Julia Lavallee - cousins & Metis

Posted: 22 Nov 2006 4:28AM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2006 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: Boucher, Lavallee
I am looking for a native connection as well to a charles boucher and his 2nd wife mary julia lavallee who was his third cousin...family stories claim the couple to be Metis and from upper quebec canada..he was a voyager for the astor fur company

Sophie Boucher

Rosalie Payne (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2006 4:48AM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2006 10:05PM GMT
It was customary to name children after oneself or an aunt or uncle or even a sibling, I noticed a Vincent Boucher in your list of names and a sophie. My 4 gr. Grandmother Sophie Boucher married a Louis Courtois and they had a son named Vincent.Since I don't have any other information on the Bouchers, and I cannot find another Vincent in the Courtois line I thought Sophie may have named her son after a brother or father. I'm looking for any information on the Boucher family. Sophie and Louis were married in the old cathedral in St. Louis, and that's where Vincent was christened. I think both families were from the Ste. Genevieve or Kaskaskia area. Do you have any information that sounds like it may tie in to this family? Vincent married Cecile Govereau and I'm also looking for her parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic