Search for content in message boards

Jeremiah DUGGAN

Jeremiah DUGGAN

Robert Duggan (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2004 12:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
My gggparents, Jeremiah Duggan, Wife Mary ?? and their 5 children came to Australia, Hobart Tasmania in 1857.

The shipping records show all the children as being born in Co Cork between 1844 and 1857.

Are there others searching or know of the location in Co Cork that they came from.

Thanks,

Robert Duggan
Sydney
Australia

Re: Jeremiah DUGGAN

Posted: 12 Apr 2004 3:01AM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2005 10:26PM GMT
It is inconsiderate of you not to give the names of the children, so that other researches can check if Jeremiah and Mary are in their notes. Why should I go to the trouble of looking these people up if you don't give sufficient information for me to be able to identify them?
I have a database of 5 parishes south of Cork City,and do have at least one Jeremiah and Mary who seem to meet your criteria, but I'm not going to give you the infomation unless you do your part.
Frank Thompson / NYC

Posted: 12 Apr 2004 4:11AM GMT
Hello Frank,

The following is all I have and is from the Passanger list of the Sir W.F. Williams, the ship that they came on.

Children
Elizabeth born. abt 1846. M. George Pritchford 1868, Richmond Tas
Theodus, born. abt 1847 (this is clearly written/printed on the shipping record)
Catherine, born. abt 1848. M. Benjamin Gittus 1869, Richmond Tas
Jeremiah Francis Xavier Duggan. born 1855 (my ggrandfather)
Mary, b.abt 1856/57 (listed as infant on shipping record)
Note; Elizabeth and Catherine are shown as Could Read on the shipping record which may mean that they had some schooling.

I would certainly appreciate any help that you may be able to offer.

Kind regards,
Robert

Posted: 12 Apr 2004 5:14AM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2005 10:26PM GMT
Robert
Your family seems to be in my database. A Jeremiah Duggan married a Mary Kenneally in Clontead-Belgooly Catholic parish in 1844. I show only children Elizabeth, Timothy (Thaddius)and Catherine, so they must have left the area after that. They were from the same townland, Ballingarry, as the ancestors of Bertie Ahern, the Prime Minister of Ireland. His cousins are still there.
The easiest thing for me is to e-mail you all the Duggans in my database as an Excel worksheet, i.e. attachment. Do you have Excel? I need your e-mail address.
Frank Thompson / NYC
ftcorkmdb@aol.com

Robert Duggan (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2004 5:41AM GMT
Hi Frank,

You are a lifesaver.

Yes they may have moved after Catherine was born. They came out as Bounty Immigrants via Liverpool (UK) as did hundreds of other Irish. Though the Irish people were "drafted" in Ireland.

Yes I do have xl and would love to have the Duggan database if you do not mind and when ever you get the time.

My e-mail is rduggan1@optusnet.com.au

Kind regards,

Robert

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 6:06AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Duggan
Hello Frank

I read your post to Robert Duggan re Jeremiah & Mary Duggan. I have been trying to contact Robert with no success. I note that you have an XL spreadsheet on the Duggan Family of Co Cork. I would be very interested to have a copy if you would be prepared to email it to me at alsbillie@gmail.com

Have traced them in Aus back to Ireland but can find no record of Jeremiah's birth. I realise both Duggan & Jeremiah are fairly common Irish names but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Billie

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 5:47PM GMT
Are you also descended from Jeremiah Duggan and Mary Kenneally? I no longer send Excel sheets to people unless I know who they are and whether they are demonstrably descended from people in the parishes in my database. I also see a child Denis born in 1855 in another parish. And there is a John born in 1861, four years after you say Jeremiah and Mary emigrated! Write me at my new e-mail address if you are descended from Jeremiah and Mary:
ftcorkmdb@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions