Search for content in message boards

Mickey Walker, Boxer

Mickey Walker, Boxer

Nola Powell (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2004 9:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
would like to know parents and grandparents of boxer Mickey Walker-alias the toy bulldog. His name was Edward Patrick Walker and he was born in 1901 or 1903.

Re: Mickey Walker, Boxer

Timothy M O'Connor (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2004 5:51PM GMT
Hope this helps some. My mother Agnes Francis Powers said often she was a first cousin of Mickey Walker. I happened to come accross your request while looking him up -- I use to do some boxing and was curious. My Mom is in her seventies and I will ask her more questions over the Christmas holiday while I'm on military leave.

Nola Powell (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2004 2:46AM GMT
Thanks. My Grandfather was Francis Patrick Walker,born in Newcastle District Limerick Ireland in 1866, as far as we know.He had a sister Magna Walker who married someone named Murphy(we think) in USA. My grandfathers parents were Thomas and Mary (nee Hunt) Walker

Timothy M O'Connor (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2004 4:29PM GMT
I will talk to my Mom tonight and find out the link -- which is I believe is on her mother's side of the family. My Mom is the youngest of 8. My Uncle Eddie, the oldest, was born in 1910, so you can see the separation. My grandparents on my mothers side died in the early 1950s right before I was born. My uncles were all good baseball players, and my Uncle Mickey Powers pitched a couple of no hitters in high school (hurt his arm soon afterwards) for some high school in Newark in the early 40s. My family roots are all in Newark and Kearny.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic