Search for content in message boards

Abner Minor Myers, parents, siblings, etc.

Abner Minor Myers, parents, siblings, etc.

Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 6:03PM GMT
Surnames: Myers
I would like to talk with anyone who knows anything about the Myers family of Habersham, Hall, Barrow, Gwinnett and Jackson County, GA. I am interested in finding parents, siblings, and decendants of Abner Minor Myers born about 1817 and died after 1870 in White County now Habersham County, GA. Abner married Sara Sears in White County on January 20, 1850, they had the following children. Esley Burns Myers, who married Mary Farmer September 13, 1874 in Hall County, Eldarado R. Myers who married Mary Roseanne Williams, John Erastus Myers who married Maratha Elizabeth Horton, James Dean Myers, Harrison Myers, Daniel Ramsey Myers, married Sara Lou Savage, June 22, 1891 in White County, Bishop Myers, Polly Myers, and William Fletcher Myers. Several of the children lived on Skitts Mountain in Hall County, GA. Descendants still live there today.

Re: Abner Minor Myers, parents, siblings, etc.

Posted: 23 Nov 2001 2:55AM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2002 4:16PM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Shannon, Walker, Scoggins etc. etc.
Hello, I don't how much help I can be. But what I don't know I have an Aunt who will. My grandmother Mrs Mattie Myers Shannon ( or Maddie ). Married my grandfather William Shannon. We all attended a family reunion every summer at that little mountain church until my grandmother died. It wasn't a mountain at all but it still was called a mountain. Just a little ways below the church was a road to the right that lead to a little stream. The cemetery is where my great grandfather is buried. And for life of me I can't remember his name because Nannie my grandmother called him Papa. I live in Winder GA. But was raised in Jackson Co. I have relatives in Hall County, White Co. all he places you had listed. My grandmother had I know one sister up in that area her name was Edna. Please feel free to email me if this sounds like it could be a connection. My aunt Beatrica Shannon Cain. We know everybody, so I can get much more imformation. Looking forward in hearing from you. Debra Wilson

Posted: 25 Nov 2001 7:30PM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2003 5:26PM GMT
Surnames: Myers
Debra, I live in Lawrenceville, could you please phone me since it is not long distances. My number is 770-995-7109. I would love to discuss the Myers family with you.

Posted: 7 Apr 2003 11:30AM GMT
Surnames: Shannon
Hello if this is the same William and Mattie I know a bit of this family. William was my mother's half brother his father was John William Shannon his mother was named ParaLee Papa John married a second time to Maebelle Smith Shannon and bore my line of the shannon family all total I think he had16 kids there were 4 by my grandmother and if memory serves me correct 12 by his first wife. hope this was some help. Please tell Bea and Junior and E.B that George from Loganville says hello and that I have moved to Seattle.

Posted: 2 Apr 2006 6:45AM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Black
Hi, do you have any info on the family of Elizabeth Myers who married Garvin/Gavin Black 1817 Jackson Co., GA. I believe they may be the same family of Garvin Black 1830 Carroll Co., GA, and Garvin Black Cass Co., GA 1840. I find Elizabeth Black by herself with three childrenn Robert, Joel, and Isabell 1850 Cass Co (now Bartow). I "assume" this is Garvin's wife. At any point Elizabeth Black then shows up in Whitfield Co., GA. Any help on this family would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 5:07PM GMT
I have a lot of info on Myers family and would love to contact have contact with any of you interested. I'm pretty sure Abner's father was Larkin myers of SC.

I live in the area they are buried and lived in White co Ga

Posted: 9 Aug 2013 2:21PM GMT
I am a descendant of Esley Myers and Mary Farmer.Email me @betost1@yahoo.com if interested in communications.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions