Search for content in message boards

Josephua Gant/Gantt, Charlotte Plotner, Sanuel Huffman, Morgan Co., WV

Josephua Gant/Gantt, Charlotte Plotner, Sanuel Huffman, Morgan Co., WV

Posted: 30 Jan 2004 1:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gant/Gantt, Plotner, Huffman/Hoffman, Ridgeway
I am trying to find out if Charlotte Gant, wife of Josephus Gant, is Charlotte Plotner d/o Benjamin and Nancy Plotner.
Josephus and Charlotte are listed in the 1880 Sleepy Creek, Morgan Co., WV census with children Mary J 15, John W 12, Eliza E 8, Martha C 6, Annie E 4, Kathe M 1.

In the 1870 Bath Township, Morgan Co., WV census Josephus Gant 25, Charlotte 24, Mary J 2, John W 9/12 Sept.

The Kathe listed in the 1880 census is Katie Gwendolyn Gant who married Samuel Uberta Huffman/Hoffman. Samuel U Huffman/Hoffman is the son of George and Lydia A Huffman.

In the 1880 Allen, Morgan Co., WV census George Huffman 65, Lydia 56, Arthur W son 39, Samuel U son 19.

Would like to share information on these families.
Thanks for you help.

Re: Josephua Gant/Gantt, Charlotte Plotner, Sanuel Huffman, Morgan Co., WV

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 6:10AM GMT
Surnames: Miller, Gant, Plotner
Hi,

I don't know if you are still looking at this board, but I am wondering if you ever got any more information on Josephus Gant/Charlotte Plotner? I am a descendant of their daughter Anna/Annie E. Gant, b May 1876, m James Lewis Miller 23 Jun 1892.
I had been leaning in the direction that Charlotte was indeed the daughter of Benjamin and Nancy, but I had not gotten very far. It has been quite some time since I have been on the message boards so I just now saw your message.

Thanks!

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 2:23PM GMT
A daughter Charlotte, age 6, is listed in the household of Benjamin and Nancy Plotner in the 1850 census for Washington, County, MD for what that's worth. Do you know or have an idea who Josephus' mother was? All I have is the initial "N." His stepmother was Eliza Matthews Wagener, which is my mother's family.

Al Field
field@msn.com

Posted: 16 Apr 2007 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: gantt
I have a photo of the family of Samuel Gannt, and his daughter Hazel Kackley Gantt named Annie Miller as one of the people on the photograph.

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 1:07AM GMT
Surnames: Gantt, Miller
Oh my gosh!! I cannot begin to explain how exciting that is for me! Annie Miller Gantt was my gr-gr-grandmother. Is there any way for me to get a copy of the photo? My email is kbushnell7@msn.com If not, I would be more than happy to reimburse you for copies and postage.

How is Samuel related?

Thank You,
Kim (Miller) Bushnell

Posted: 20 Sep 2008 7:26PM GMT
I am looking for information on Arthur Gantt, who was married to Gertie Stout, and living in Missouri when my mother Leta Olive Gantt was born in 1909. Gertie died in the 1918 flu epidemic.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions