Eli Stewart

Eli Stewart

Posted: 30 May 2011 4:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for parents in GA of Eli Stewart

Re: Eli Stewart

Posted: 3 Jun 2011 1:52PM GMT
Do you have any other info? Place where they were, where they came from, dates, relatives? I have relatives in Ga and visit there frequently, I'll help if I can.

Posted: 5 Jun 2011 3:56PM GMT
Also my line, but I'm kin thru Lemy Carrie Stewart's (Eli's dau by 1st wife Jane Warren) husband, James Robert Stinson. I also have Eli's parents as John Stewart and Mary Elizabeth ?.

Posted: 5 Jun 2011 4:02PM GMT
Unfortunately I only have the bare basics on Eli's parents-no dates, nothing except John Stewart was born in GA. I have a little info on some of his other children, but mainly just Eli.

Posted: 7 Jun 2011 4:35PM GMT
Barbaralsi, I am Eli's grandson and have all extant info on Eli's ancestry, but am lacking on some of the descendants. Would like to share info with you off line. I know I need considerable info on Celemy's grandchildren and beyond. Am willing to shareI was fortunate to meet Celemy (along with full sisters Eudora Belle Collier and Lanora Jane Beard) in 1940 at a reunion held at her half-brother's (James R. Stewart, Sr.-my father) house. Are you acquainted with Lorene Weeks? Am not interested in sharing with those with cloaked identities. You (and unmidentified) may reach me at jrstwrtj@hal-pc.org

Posted: 9 Jun 2011 9:45PM GMT
My Eli Stewart's first wife was Polly Hobbs Taylor County GA m. 18 Dec. 1859; Polly died and Eli m. Sarah Ferguerson in 1870. Sarah died 29 October 1899 and 12 February 1901 Eli married his cousin Louiza in Taylor County Georgia.
It appears this is a differend Eli from the one that married Jane Warren.

Posted: 16 Jun 2011 5:35AM GMT
You are correct. They are different. Have detailed history and family tree of the Eli4 (John1, Charles2, John3)that married Jane Warren at age 20 in Barbour Co., AL. He had to have written permission from his widowed mother, but Jame at 14 did not require parental permission. I am, however, interested in your Eli as my Eli's great uncle James2 settled in the Burke/Jefferson Co., GA area before 1820 and had a son Ezekiel (1804->1880), also known as Eli. Is there any possibility your Eli could tie into that family? There were several brothers to Ezekiel who also might have named a son for their brother Eli.

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 9:36AM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2013 5:23PM GMT
He was my great grand father. I have a lot on his CW service. I also have a copy of his marriage to Polly. Anyone know where I can find a picture of him?
Stephen

saifa862@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions