Search for content in message boards

How do I find out where in Bohemia or Germany some one came from? Anyone else reseaching Hudek or Drager?

How do I find out where in Bohemia or Germany some one came from? Anyone else reseaching Hudek or Drager?

Posted: 18 Mar 2006 3:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jun 2006 3:18PM GMT
I am trying to find how two families came over and where did they come from?

The first is a Anton Hudek (1816) who on one of the census shows Bohemia (Aust) so does his wife Anna (1823) their children were:
Joseph Anton Mary John Ann and Frank
They ended up in Wisconsin Iowa and Grant counties.
son Frank shows citzenship in 1869.

The 2nd Family is August (1846) and Augustine Drager both born in Germany, and got their citzenship in 1884. Emil and Emmas came over with them. The rest of their children we born in Wisconsin: Lenord, Albert, Elizabeth and William.

I have check gardencastle.com but could not find anything. Any suggestions on free web sites to look for?

Kathryn

Re: How do I find out where in Bohemia or Germany some one came from? Anyone else reseaching Hudek or Drager?

Posted: 9 Apr 2006 11:48PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT
Kathryn

Some websites for your research.
www.linktoyourroots.hamburg.de
www.genealogienetz.de/reg
www.cgsi.org
www.csagsi.org
An old detailed map:
http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/3felmeres.htm
A map of Bohemia:
http://feefhs.org/maps/AH/ah-bohem.html
Check for them in a Bohemians to America and Germans to America. (something similar).
They could have come thru Baltimore, Boston, Philadelphia, or Galveston. Check even Ellis Island's manifests. www.ellisislandrecords.org I do know that your ancestor will not be there but family went to family in those old days, so never know who you might find.
www.surnamenavigator.org
Have you www.google.com

Re: How do I find out where in Bohemia or Germany some one came from? Anyone else reseaching Hudek or Drager?

Posted: 4 Jul 2006 5:38AM GMT
Kathryn,
Hello my name is Amy Hudek Terry and I am the great grand daughter of Joseph Hudek who was Anton and Anna Hudek's son. I have heard that a census shows Anton being from Wlasim, Bohemia and Anna being from Tabor, Bohemia. But our family legend has it that they came from Kracovice in the province of Tabor not far from Prague. I have since tried to locate this village but I believe the spelling to be wrong. I have a cousin who went to the Czech Republic and she came back with a different spelling of Krakovcice. It is said that they lived in house Number One. I hope this might help you find more information about Anton and Anna as I would love to know more too, but am not even an amateur genealogist yet.
Amy Hudek Terry

Re: locating a town

Posted: 9 Jul 2006 2:05AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT

Kathryn Ashley (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2006 1:47AM GMT
Thank you for the info. We are in the process of moving so I have no idea where my research is. I am going to keep you message so when I can find the boxes I can look it up.

Thanks again.

Kathryn

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 8:44PM GMT
Surnames: Hudek
Hello, Kathyrn! Have you been able to find any info on Hudek family? I'm looking info as well and wondered if you had had any luck! Thanks! Melissa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions