Search for content in message boards

Unable to search & merge

Unable to search & merge

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 8:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
All of a sudden yesterday, I am not able to search & merge ancestry.com from with FTM 2012. Is anybody else having this problem or know how to fix it?

Re: Unable to search & merge

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 2:46PM GMT
Haven't run into this today. Try this:

Go to Plan page - in the Web Dashboard section, click "Logout"
Close FTM
Open Internet Explorer (even if that isn't the web browser you normally use)
Go to www.ancestry.com
If you're signed in (user name in upper right), hover over that and sign out
Click Log In (upper right, near Get Help) and sign into your account
Open FTM
Go tp Plan page - in Web Dashboard, click Login & sign in there

That kind of "resets" everything.

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 3:22PM GMT
Thank u so much for replying. I've figured out that there's no Internet connection within FTM (I do have Internet connection though, I can open IE). There's not even a logout button in the dashboard. I've checked my firewall to make sure it's not stopping the connection. I finally called FTM & he tried everything too & couldn't figure it out. He finally told me I must have a corrupt file & I need to uninstall then reinstall. I really hate to do this but I don't know what else to do.

Again, thank u so much for your help.

Tracy

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 3:34PM GMT
I assume you've tried rebooting, and File>Go Online - tech support likely suggested those. Could also be a firewall/antivirus issue, I'd uninstall your AV software first to see if that is causing it. Have you changed anything on the computer lately?

Otherwise, yeah, uninstall & reinstall. Just to save you the trouble of potentially doing it twice, use these steps for the uninstall to make sure nothing is left behind before you reinstall:

http://ftm.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4848

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 9:24AM GMT
I've taken my computer "back to factory condition", did all the updates, installed FTM 2012, opened FTM 2012 & I still can't upload my tree from ancestry.com or seach or merge ancestry.com. I called support again & they told me they didn't know what the problem was or how to fix it.....sorry. Now, I dont know what to do.

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 3:56PM GMT
You stated that there was NO logout button, but is there a LogIn Button?

Can you post a screen shot of the Dasboard area?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic