Search for content in message boards

FTM2012 corrupted ... need download to fix

FTM2012 corrupted ... need download to fix

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 7:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
When I started experiencing problems accessing my files via FTM2012 and trying several ways to restore & fix FTM, I've concluded that I probably need to re-install FTM2012.

However, when I purchased the program, it was from a download. I do not have a copy of the installation package and I cannot see a way to download it without going thru the purchasing method.

Does anyone know if I can download only the software? I still have my serial numbers. Or am I screwed and have to re-purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Re: FTM2012 corrupted ... need download to fix

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 11:26PM GMT
Ring Ancestry

John D

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 4:17PM GMT
Here is a lesson to be learned.

ALWAYS, when you download a program to install, always save a copy to a CD, DVD, or even a external USB drive. This way if needed, all you have to do is use the saved copy to reinstall.

Note: I also add a txt file with the key code if there is one and any other information I might need to do a reinstall, to the folder in which this install file is saved to.

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 3:42AM GMT
Ancestry Help # - 1-800-262-3787 -- Agents are available 7 days a week, 10 am to 10 pm EST

For Regional Numbers, http://c.ancestry.com/Affiliate/Knowledgebase/contact/contac...

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 2:29PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2013 2:30PM GMT
Calling Ancestry won't help, they'll just tell you to call Nova Development (who the download was actually purchased from), and Nova will tell you to call Ancestry. Bottom line, you need to re-purchase.

When you bought FTM as a download, you were given the option of paying $6.95 for a 2-year "Extended Download", or $9.95 for a backup CD to be mailed to you. If you chose not to pay for those, the expectation is that you would save a copy of the installation files on your own.

If you didn't pay for one of the rescue options, and you didn't save your install file, you can repurchase it as an "Upgrade" for $27.99 by following the steps in this article:

http://ftm.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5405

Edit: And when you do re-purchase, either pay for a rescue option or if you are technically comfortable doing so, save your installer somewhere.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions