Search for content in message boards

Zions Rest Cemetery

Zions Rest Cemetery

Pam (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2004 9:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Anderson
Could someone please give me directions to the Zions Rest Cemetery? It is my understanding that is is located in the Wallace Community near the Zions Rest Methodist Church.

Re: Zions Rest Cemetery

Wilma Reece (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2006 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Buckliew, Blues, Anderson, Wells, Fuller
Pam, I know it has been awhile but did you every get to Zion's Rest Cemetery? My grandparents are buried there and most of the people in the cemetery are kin to one or the other. Did you still need the directions to the cemetery or did you get them? I have a new email address so you can write to it direct. Wilma Reece, Louisville, Ky

Re: Zions Rest Cemetery, 4300 Henry Street, Shreveport, LA

Posted: 21 Jan 2007 1:52PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson
There is a predominately African-American burial site, Zion Rest Cemetery, 4300 Henry St., Shreveport, LA, which is across from a church of the same name. However, the church has nothing to do with the cemetery. My book on a reading of Zion Rest Cemetery's 1,731 descendants is being published in 2007. Found six Andersons: Jerome, Lila, Nora, Pauline, Sam, and Sam III. Is this the cemetery you seek? I will do lookups.

Re: Zions Rest Cemetery, 4300 Henry Street, Shreveport, LA

Posted: 14 Jul 2007 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: Pipkin, Edwards
When your book becomes available for sale, please email me.

Thanks

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 11:15AM GMT
The DeSoto Hist. Soc. cem. book lists a Zion Rest cem. in southern DeSoto Parish, 1 mile south of the Wallace Community. Surnames listed are: Anderson, Bass, Bice, Blair, Blue, Buckliew, Bowden, Brittain, Bufkin, Cates, Cowling, Dillard, Flynn, Frazier, Grantham, Hardee, Harrison,Isbell, Lee, King, Little, Lalowski, Matthews, Neal, Ott, Price, Peacock, Ryan, Robbins, Spinks, Walker, Wells & Wilson.

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 12:10PM GMT
Surnames: NEAL
If you have this book, would you mind giving me the NEAL information? I am looking for the wife of William E. NEAL. I think her name is Mamie or Mary. Your help would be most appreciated.

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Johnston

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 11:42PM GMT
Neal:
Carl 1909-1912
Thomas - 1913
Lee Lenora - 1968
H T 1853-1908
Mrs H T 1857-1925
Marvin 1890-1917
Robert -
Matt 1896-1935

Posted: 16 Jul 2007 9:05PM GMT
Surnames: McFerren,, Isbell
hello
I would like to inquire if anyone knows this person listed in this cemetery transcript:
ISBELL, Dalia --------------------------1947. She is the only Isbell listed in this cemetery, even though at one time, One family lived in DeSoto Parish.
And would she be related to David McFerren's family
Thanks

SW

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 3:13AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Ryan, Cates, Isbell, Isabell
When I was a child, visiting my grandmother, Ellen Ryan Cates, we always went by to visit Hardy and Lizzie Isbell down the road from Grandma's. After seeing your post, I looked in the Wallace cemetery listing for DeSoto Parish and found several Isbells, Isabells. The cemeteries are quite close to one another, both being in the Wallace Community. I do not know of a connection with McFerren.
Good luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions