Search for content in message boards

John Calhoun Johnson

John Calhoun Johnson

Posted: 31 Oct 1999 6:35PM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2002 11:31PM GMT
I am looking for information on John Calhoun Johnson, father of George Penn Johnson. I have information indicating he was killed in Arizona while trying to homestead, after losing his homestead in Placer County California. My information indicates his wife was Emily Hagerdon. Any info appreciated.

John Calhoun Johnson

Posted: 9 May 2000 12:19PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2005 10:21PM GMT
Debi,

Hi again,

I left message on the other site you asked about John Calhoun Johnson, what happened to your email address. The other info and pictures came back undeliverable. Email me
Eva

J.C. Johnson

Posted: 31 Aug 2000 2:45PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 6:18PM GMT
Debi:
J.C. Johnson who was married to Emily Hagedorn was my great grandfather. Their children were:
John C. Johnson
Nathan Johnson
May E. Johnson (my great grandmother)

Mrs. J.C. Johnson died in California in 3-1-1917 is what my dad had written down from her head stone. SHe was born 5-7-1834. He also wrote her name for me as Mrs. J.C. Johnson Jacobs -- so I am assuming she married again. He never really said. I try to get a little more out of him on each visit. I have his photo album that had pictures taken prior to my grandmother's death in 1937. She was J.C. and Emily's granddaughter. I assume their are pictures of J.C. in it, however non of the pictures have names on them. My dad and I need top sit down with it and go through who each picture is of.

Re: J.C. Johnson

Posted: 22 May 2003 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JOHNSON, WALTERS
I am wondering if we might be related. Do you have any more information on John C. Johnson? My great-great grandfather was John C. (b. abt. 1848 in PA) and he was married to Dessie Walters (b. abt. 1849 in Van Wert Co., OH). They had 7 children that I have found, all were born in Ohio:

Margaret M. Johnson (b. abt. 1867)
Alace Rosetta Johnson (b. abt. 1868)
Cassius Wilbur Johnson -my great grandfather (b. January 08, 1870 in Van Wert Co., OH d. April 11, 1935 in Gladwin Twp., Gladwin Co., MI)
William B. Johnson (b. abt. 1871)
Mary E. Johnson (b. abt. 1872)
Harriet Johnson (b. abt. 1874)
Richard A. Johnson (b. abt. 1877)

I noticed the Mary E. and thought that Cassius' sister Mary E. may have been named after an Aunt.

Jon Athey
Midland, MI

dmiles (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2003 11:24PM GMT
Sorry, our J.C. Johnson was John Calhoun "Cock-Eye" Johnson. He spent most of his life in California and was killed in 1876 in Arizona by Apaches. Different wife and kids. Good luck on your search

Posted: 22 Jun 2005 4:03PM GMT
Dessa is probably the shorten version of Adessa E. Walters, DOB abt 1847 daughter of William Walters and Harriet Walters of Willshire, Van Wert County, Ohio. The family is listed in the 1860 census. There may have been 3 brothers in area, William, Allen, Joseph, and maybe a David. Allen died between 1853-1860. My line comes through Allen.

Posted: 22 Jun 2005 11:52PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I didn't have any information on Adessa's (spelled Hadessa in the 1900 Federal census) family except for Mary Ann who lived with John and Dessie for a time.

Jane (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2005 12:41AM GMT
Sorry Jon that I didn't leave a message sooner. I haven't been doing a lot of genealogy lately. My J.C. Johnson is John Calhoun Johnson. He was born in 1822.

Re: John Calhoun Johnson

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 10:12PM GMT
Hello, I am a direct descendent of John Calhoun Johnson. He was my great great grandfather. I have in my possesion the original photo of his wife. I also have a family tree written by my great Aunt who studied geneology. I was told many stories about the pioneer, many are in wikopedia, so I assume they were told to me correctly. If you would like to learn more please feel free to email me. I was born in California and currently live in Amador county.
Thank you,
Sharon Leigh
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions