Search for content in message boards

Ignore Hints from a subscription-based source ?

Ignore Hints from a subscription-based source ?

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 11:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm currently enjoying a 3 Month UK Essentials membership which was included with my copy of FTM 2012. I find the leaf hints quite useful, but I have one or two rouge suggestions which I'm unable to ignore. I can't view them as I don't have the required membership, and in these cases the Ignore button is greyed out.

So I end up with one or two people in my tree with a permanent leaf hint. I know I can switch them off (which I may do eventually), but for the time being I've got lots to work through.

Can anyone offer any suggestions ?... the source in questions is "Wisconsin Marriages, 1973-1997".

Re: Ignore Hints from a subscription-based source ?

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 2:51PM GMT
The ultimate solution is to provide the names and dates of the people of interest and ask someone who has access provide the data.

Many of the posters to these news groups can be contacted privately.

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 5:56PM GMT
Sorry, I should have made it clear that I don't want the data as I know that it doesn't relate to the person in my tree.

I simply want to ignore the hint, as I would for any other.

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 1:28AM GMT
There have been other threads about this issue on some of the other boards. As I recall, there was no way to resolve, if you do not have a sub that covers that part of the world.

If you have a contact you trust ABSOLUTELY, who has a worldwide subscription, you could invite them, short-term, to your tree, with editor access. They could then view and "ignore" the hints.

Another option would be to upgrade to a worldwide subscription for 1 month, at the end of your current subscription, and "ignore" the hints.

I agree that it should not be, but those are the only ways around it, to my knowledge.

Good luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic