Search for content in message boards

Seeking Decendents of Kalthleen (Kate or Katie) Presley

Seeking Decendents of Kalthleen (Kate or Katie) Presley

Posted: 13 Jul 2008 6:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking decents of Kathleen Presley. Her mother was Mary Melissa Arnold who married Green/Greenberry Presley. Kathleen shows up on the 1900 census as age 8 and shows up again in the 1910 census at 18 under the name of Katie along with her Mother who is going by Lizzie and still married to Green (G. B. on the 1910 census). What happened to Kathleen? Did she marry? Have children? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Seeking Decendents of Kalthleen (Kate or Katie) Presley

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 11:28PM GMT
Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002
about Katie Presley
Name: Katie Presley
Spouse: A C Ballard
Marriage Date: 14 Jul 1913
Marriage County: Hawkins
Marriage State: Tennessee

Might be what you need

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 11:51PM GMT
Surnames: PRESLEY and WYMAN
Thank you for your help.

Posted: 31 Jul 2008 10:37AM GMT
Was looking to see how I might could further help but it appears that you have gotten the census years mixed up because it is 1920 in which Katie is listed as 18 with G. B. Presley and Lissie Presley (indexed as Essie). So don't think that marriage record for 1913 would have been your Katie.

Posted: 1 Aug 2008 12:55AM GMT
Sorry for the mistakes in my typing. Kathleen was listed as 8 years old in 1910 along with her parents Green & Malissa Preley. Kathleen was then listed as 18 in the 1920 with her parents again (G. B which should be Greenberry and Lizzie who's real name is Mary Malissa/Melissa....have seen both spellings for the middle name). I feel she probably married, but so far with TN marriage certificates they don't list the parents names (as they do here in KY). If there were applications to fill out that lists the parents names, I haven't been able to find out where you can locate them for viewing. Once again, thank you for your help.

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 7:22PM GMT
I am not a Presley descendent but I have read about the Presley's & their was Presleu in S.C.who owned a Plantation
& Elvis Presley is a descendent.This man owned slaves & Ophra Winfrey descends from one of his slaves.MOST likely all Presley's descend from this plantation owner.~~~ Wilma
P.S.I am compiling on ALL Tunnell's in Hawkins Co.Tn.and nation wide &the Tunnell/Bailey's in Hawkins Co.& LEE Co.Va.& Harlan Co.Ky.who descend from NANCY(TUNNELL)& John"Thumby"Bailey !!! My E-mail is grannywmb@aol.com
P.S.Will rspond to ALL e-mailS !!!

Posted: 3 May 2012 10:00PM GMT
I realize this reply is several years in coming, but I only recently started my search on ancestry.com. This Kate Presley is my Grandmother. She married in 1921. Had 4 children and 11 grandchildren. She died Jan 6, 1992.

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 4:40AM GMT
Surnames: Presley Floyd Arnold Grubb
I am Kate Presley's Grandaughter . Kate always stated her DOB as May 11, 1901. She married RE Grubb Jr and lived in Bulls Gap Tn the remainder of her life. They had 4 children, Adrion (Price), RE Grubb 111, William Oley, and Peggy (Riley). All children are now deceased.
She always claimed to be an only child.

I am looking for information on Malissa , Greenberry Presley, and Edward Floyd, the longtime boarder Malissa married 4 mos after Greenberry died.

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 1:27PM GMT
Most of the info on Melissa and Kate (Katie) has been gathered from the census records. Melissa has been a puzzlement for some time. I've started researching in 1999 and until more recently starting "digging" into Green, Melissa and Kate. You may contact me directly at pjjelf@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 4:08PM GMT
Surnames: Grubb Presley Floyd Arnold
Hi! I did try to email you directly, but came back undeliverable. My direct email is cindy.wargo@yahoo.com. I am trying to find out as much as I can about Robert Floyd, the boy living with Kate in 1910. Looks like he may have done a stretch in Leavenworth in 1929-? I am trying to find out why. How do you fit into the Presley clan?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic