Search for content in message boards

sync ancestry to family tree maker

sync ancestry to family tree maker

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 12:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
I thought when I would sync my family tree maker to my online ancestry tree that both would be updated. When I am researching at ancestry I add the new info to my online tree and less often i add new info to directly to my tree on family tree maker. When I sync the two all the info from family tree maker syncs with my online tree but my family tree maker tree is left as is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I use family tree maker 2012. Kathy

Re: sync ancestry to family tree maker

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 2:18AM GMT
Sounds lik you have your sync option set to manual

Have you considered setting it to automatic?

From the plan Workspace click on the down arrow next to the sync now button and click on sync options and change it to automatic

Also, have a look at the help in the dialogue box and also this article from the FTM knowledge base

http://ftm.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5358/kw/Chan...

John D

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 3:03AM GMT
Thanks for responding! I checked and I already have it set to automatic. any other ideas? I would hate to have to add all my info to my family tree maker one at a time. Kathy

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 3:20AM GMT
I have the same issue - changes made in ancestry.com appear in FTM2012, but not the other way 'round.

It has nothing to do with automatic and manual sync.

I resolved my issue by setting up a secondary profile in Windows 7 and syncing from that profile works.

There have been suggestions that the problem might be a registry issue, but no one at Corporate Tech Support has been able to figure it out. It's been on-going for 6 months +. I've learned to live with it by switching to the alternate profile every 48 hours or so, to do the sync.

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 3:43AM GMT
Thanks for your suggestions! I found that I could not search from family tree maker, it said because I had not registered it. Dispite the fact that I had indeed already registered I did it again. Next I clicked on sync now and upon completion , problem solved! The same info is now in both my online and family tree maker trees. Thanks KAthy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions