Search for content in message boards

Ancestry.Com Pop-UPs

Ancestry.Com Pop-UPs

Posted: 24 Apr 2004 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Are you irritated when you get an Ancestry.Com pop-up WHILE you are using the site? All pop-ups are irritating, but to get one from AC, while I am attempting to use the site, is irritating beyond words! (Just got another one while previewing this message!) Ughhhhhh!!!!!

Re: Ancestry.Com Pop-UPs

Posted: 24 Apr 2004 1:20PM GMT
You are right they SUCK. I use a free pop-up stopper by Ad-Aware. If you go to Google and add their toolbar, I understand it also has a pop-up stopper but personally I don't need another toolbar.

Posted: 24 Apr 2004 2:00PM GMT
I have the Google toolbar and it's not stopping them. I thought I was getting so many pop ups because my daughter did something last night. I realize it's just Ancestry. I'm getting so many that I lost track trying to count them. I was ready to let my daughter know that I was very irritated with what she did. I'm glad I didn't because I've checked other sites since seeing these messages and I'm not getting the pop ups with other sites. The pop up have never been this bad.

Kathy

Posted: 24 Apr 2004 4:51PM GMT
Are you sure the Google stopper did not get turned off? Panicware can be turned on and off. I use this once in a while for links to pop ups. Here is the link to panicware. The free one is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.panicware.com/product_psfree_download.html

Posted: 24 Apr 2004 8:11PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2004 11:08PM GMT
I found two options to block pop-up. The best is to use Mozilla Firefox browser, and the other is the free version of pop-up stopper version 2.4 from panicware. Please email if you need more information.

Posted: 1 May 2004 12:32PM GMT
Yes, very irritating when blocking pop ups also. If it's blocked don't see how they come up but they do...

Mary

Posted: 4 May 2004 9:14PM GMT
The program "180 Solutions" is the problem with the Ancestry.Pop up's.
If you use Ad-aware or spybot it will show this. Just remove it and no longer will the pops up occur.
Note; The Google pop-up-stopper does NOT stop these.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic