Dan Sullivan, horse breeder, born in Kerry

Dan Sullivan, horse breeder, born in Kerry

Andy Jones (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2006 12:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Sep 2006 1:25PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan
Hi

I'm wondering does anyone have any info on my great grandfather Dan Sullivan. He was born around 1860 and died about 1940. He married Hannah ? and I think had 5 daughters. He was a horse breeder, one of his horses Windsor Lad won the English Derby in 1934. He also owned a butchers business in Dublin.

I am keen to know where in Kerry he was born and where he bred his horses.

Many thanks,

Andy Jones
Attachments:

Re: Dan Sullivan, horse breeder, born in Kerry

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 12:04AM GMT
Hi andy-i'm a great grandson too-let me know if you receive this and i will provide info

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 3:57PM GMT
Good to hear from you. Its been about 6 years since I made the post - in the interim I have done some more research on him and his life in Dublin. I am keen to find out about his early life in Kerry, his parents brothers sisters etc. I think he lived / was born near Tralee. Hope you can help.
Kind regards
Andy

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 10:10PM GMT
Hi andy, i dont know about brothers and sisters or parents but he was born / grew up in a village called "Anna" which is near tralee-i know we have somewhere an old photograph of the house complete with thatch roof-he was married to hannah savage-also from Anna and they had seven children-richard, robert, mary, nancy,eily, eva and lily-are you based in dublin?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic