Search for content in message boards

Merge Box Not Refreshing When Navigating Ancestry Databases

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 2:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Feb 2013 4:30AM GMT

Is anyone else having problems with WebSearch? When I navigate to someone from the list of choices of a search, the bottom right corner screen (the merge screen) will not refresh when navigating to a new screen - whether it's one of the suggested "other" records that might have to do with that person, or someone else in the household. I have to do a whole "New Search" all over again to get a "live" Merge Box to merge.

This happened several months ago... again on a Thursday. Apparently ancestry does some kind of an update on Wed Nights. The last time the lower right screen froze like this , it took two or three weeks for them to fix it.

Re: Merge Box Not Refreshing When Navigating Ancestry Databases

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 2:22AM GMT
Yes, I noticed this happening this afternoon; and had noticed it a few months ago - it's a bit annoying!

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 3:04AM GMT
Yes, it has happened again. I really wish Ancestry would stop screwing around & actually check what changes they are doing

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 4:52PM GMT
It seems to be working this morning - Fri 02/08/2013. So it is not a mulit-week thing to fix this time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions