Search for content in message boards

O'Hearn, O'Harren, O'Haren

O'Hearn, O'Harren, O'Haren

Posted: 13 Jan 2005 8:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Oct 2005 3:31AM GMT
Surnames: O'Hearn, O'Harren, O'Haren, Fenlon, Finlan
John O'Hearn of Maple Grove born 1822, County Kilkenny, Ireland, son of Daniel O'Hearn of Kilkenny.

Listed on property deed as John O. Haran together with James O'Haran. They may be brothers. John O'Harren and James O'Harren listed in 1850 federal census for Manitowoc, Wisconsin. Property in Manitowoc Rapids also listed for James O'Harran in county records.

John (O'Haren on marriage certificate) married Catherine Fenlon, daughter of Owen Finlan and Mary nee Murphy of Maple Grove, from Borris, County Carlow, Ireland.

Re: O'Hearn, O'Harren, O'Haren

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 8:49PM GMT
There is a John O'Hearn still living in Maple Grove, though he graduated with me. He would be 45 years old now. I know he took over the farm from his father, could this be the same farm handed down through generations. I went to school with some Fenlons also, but don't remember them being related to the O'Hearns I knew, though they might have been.

Kathy

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 9:16PM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2005 3:31AM GMT
Surnames: O'Hearn, Fenlon
Yes. John is my cousin. The Fenlons are related but about three generations back. I am just completing a history entitled "The O'Hearn Family of Maple Grove."

Posted: 11 Feb 2005 1:21AM GMT
Wow! I graduated with John. He and I were good friends. My daughter was born on his birthday of July 13. We used to hang out quite a bit. LOL, he and I would talk on the phone for hours everynight like two old gossips or something.

I would be interested when you are finished with it.

BTW, I know John married, did he have children? And what is his sister up to?

Thanks, Kathy

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 3:06PM GMT
Hello,
I'm researching Catherine O'Hearn from Maple Grove. I believe her father is Patrick O'hearn and her brother is Thomas O'hearn. I'm not able to connect the John & James to her and was wondering if you had further information.

Thank you
Melissa

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: O'Hearn
There was another O'Hearn family whose ancestor was from County Cork. They actually settled in the adjoining town of Franklin but all attended the same church of St. Patrick in Maple Grove.

Posted: 6 Apr 2010 8:59PM GMT
I think we are, perhaps, looking for information about the same Catherine O'Hearn (1837 - 1878)? The one I am looking for married Jeremiah Duggan (1828 - 1906) and they are buried in St. Patrick's cemetery in Maple Grove.

I have information on her descendents through their son John Patrick Duggan, my great-great grandfather -- but I know nothing of her ancestry. Anything you may have about her is of interest!!

Posted: 7 Apr 2010 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: O'Hearn, Fenlon, Murphy, Sullivan, Duggan
I would suspect that Catharine may have been a younger sister or cousin of John O'Hearn of Maple Grove who was born in 1822 in County Kilkenny, Ireland, perhaps at Harristown or Milltown, Knocktopher.

John O'Hearn married Catharine Fenlon at St. Luke's Church in Two Rivers WI. She was a daughter of Owen Fenlon and Mary nee' Murphy of Borris, County Carlow, Ireland. I also note that there is an obituary in Maple Grove for Thomas Fenlon (died 1972) son of Thomas and Rosella nee' Sullivan Fenlon, and apparently descended from a brother of Catharine Fenlon. Thomas was married to Margaret Duggan on April 20, 1955, apparently a descendant of Jeremiah and Catharine Duggan.

Posted: 7 Apr 2010 11:17AM GMT
Hello,
Her name is Catharine Mary (middle name could be Maria) O'Hearn daughter of Patrick O'hearn. Patrick is in the census and states that he is married to a Mary, however in one census she is 10 years older and the next census 20 years younger. In one census he also has a granddaughter living with him by the name of Mary. I have not placed a Mary as the mother name of Catharine, for not sure.
Catharine was born abt 1837 in Ireland and died 19 Feb 1878 and is buried in St. Patrick's Cemt. in Maple Grove. She married Jeremiah Duggan son of John Duggan and Ellen McCarty.

I was wondering if any one found the Ship that John & James O'hearn came over on? I have located a ship that a Patrick, John, James, Thomas and Catherine are on. However, my understanding is that Patrick is not related to John & James. With the names being so common can just be another family.
I'm on a search for John Duggan and Ellen McCarty too.

Oh, I believe Patrick O'hearn death Cert is at Manitowoc Co.
court house. 10 May 1893, have not checked to see if him.

I would be interested in any new information, hints or clues on the Duggan and O'hearn line. Willing to share too!

Posted: 7 Apr 2010 11:49AM GMT
I have information on their son John Patrick's line through his daughter Elizabeth. Everything from Elizabeth down to present is current and correct. I have a list of all of John Patrick's siblings but that doesn't trace down to present (yet).

I have apparently a mis-spelling for Cath(e/a)rine since I have it in my tree as Catherine Mary O'Hearn. Are you sure it is spelled with an "a"? I would be happy to share what I have. Feel free to contact me by email since we seem to be tracing identical lines.

laura ((dot)) braun ((AT)) gmail (d(o(t))) com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions