Search for content in message boards

William Riley and Rebecca Holt of Georgia

William Riley and Rebecca Holt of Georgia

Posted: 1 Jul 2000 2:16PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 9:46PM GMT
I am looking for anyone who knows anything about William Riley Holt and Rebecca Holt who moved from Randolph County Georgia to Pike County...Rebecca is buried at Pine Level but we dont know anything about William Riley...On the census he was listed as an ambrotypists which means photographer. if there is any descendants out there looking for them..please let me know. Bob Linzey Lawrenceville Ga.

Holt, Richard

Barbara Denton (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 8:57AM GMT
My Richard was born in 1796 VA, buried in Stone Mountain, GA Had a daughter Elizabeth b: 1831 GA, married JAJ DUREN he is buried in Stone Mountain, GA.

Richard Holt

Barbara Denton (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 9:09AM GMT
My e-mail addie is msbob1@earthlink.net

Re: William Riley and Rebecca Holt of Georgia

Posted: 17 Feb 2003 3:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Apr 2003 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: McDonald,Bryant,Bradley,Money,Williams,Holt,Westcott,Williams
Hi my name is Charles McDonald and I saw your posting on the board. I thought you would like to know that William Riley Holt is buarried beside his wife Rebecca Ann Morley Holt at the Pine Level Cemetary. He is my Great Great Grandfather on my Stepmother sideof the family. Her Name is Joyce R. Money and She married my father Robert C. McDonald. Her father was Rufus Eben Money who married Willie Lee Bradley. His father was Christofer Columbus Money who married Elizabeth Holt who was William Riley and Rebecca,s Daugh. After C.C. Money died She married Hiram Bradley who was Willie L. Bradley,s Grandfather. Her father was General Marion Bradley. Hiram Bradley was 1st married to Luvinia (?)I think she was Elizabeth,s sister which would make her last name Holt. anyway Hiram and Luvinia had a daughter name Celia Bradley and she married David McDonald who had My father,s dad Charlie D. McDonald who married Beulah Mae Biggs. If you have any information on this family I would love to here from you. my e-mail address is MCDonChr@AOL.Com P.S. My birth mother was a Bryant her name was Annie Lou Bryant. her father was Lewis Cole Bryant and His wife was Cora Inez Matthews.

Posted: 17 Feb 2003 11:49PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2003 7:13PM GMT
Surnames: Holt
Mr. McDonald,
I am so glad to get your response!!!!! You will never know how glad...Did you say that William Riley Holt is your great great grandfather..well he is also my great great grandfather...His daughter Nancy Holt first married Edward Williford and then married my great grandfather James Linzey.
I am going to email you also but sometimes the emails dont go thru...Please contact me very very soon and let me know where the Pine Level Cemetery is..Does William Riley Holt have a tombstone with his name and dates on it??
Please call me collect at 770-995-0819.
Thanks Bob Linzey

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 2:40PM GMT
Surnames: Holt, Marley, Linzey
Hi,
A couple of years ago...a cousin and I went to the church at Pine Level and found Rebecca Marley Holt and her daughters graves...BUT....
there was NO grave stone there for William Riley Holt.
Do you think it has been torn down?
DO you know if there is a way to contact the church to see if they have records of who was buried there???
My email has changed...please email me now at bobbylinzey@aol.com
I REALLY NEED and would love to know this information.
I hope all is well with you.
Also, years ago, you said your mother had pictures of some of the Holt ladies that she would be willing to share.
Please let me know if this is still true.
Your cousin (I Think) Bobby Linzey, Cumming Ga born Montgomery Alabama
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions