Search for content in message boards

Baker/Larsen - Denmark

Baker/Larsen - Denmark

Posted: 27 May 2012 9:55PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Larsen, Baker
Hello,
My grt grand father came to Scotland in the 1880/90s Frederick Baker. Ancestry says he was born in Denmark in 1867. I am not sure if his surname was changed to Baker when he came to Scotland. But I cannot find any other information after 1901 on Ancestry or Scotlands people. He married Charlotte McLeod in Aberdeen in 1899. The certificate has his parents on there as Herman Baker and Marie Larsen. Again, when searching for his parents, Im not sure if the surname of Herman was changed.
Any help would be appricated
Darren

Re: Baker/Larsen - Denmark

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 6:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Still looking :(

Posted: 14 May 2013 8:16AM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Larsen
Hello..

Just wondering if anyone has any emigration details from 1868 onwards from Denmark or at least Hamburg.

Many thanks
Darren

Posted: 17 May 2013 3:33PM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2013 4:44PM GMT
The Danish emigration records can be found at http://www.ddd.dda.dk/ddd_en.htm And Ancestry has the Hamburg passenger lists 1850-1934, though only indexed from 1877-1914.

I did find a Frederik Baker that was born in Randers on Dec 28 1867 - but then found info and family trees that seem fairly well documented that show that this family moved to the US in the 80s - Sorry. :-(

J Murphy

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions