Search for content in message boards

MULLANE (O'Mullane) found info.for Cork,etc.Ireland.

MULLANE (O'Mullane) found info.for Cork,etc.Ireland.

Posted: 8 Dec 2002 1:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MULLANE
O'Mullane line (Nagle,O'Connell,Ryan,Hennessy,etc.)--wills with names,land owners & families, in Brittas & Whitechurch,Mallow--from 1600's. From publication of "The Irish Genealogist" Vol. 2. # 10.-- July 1953, pp 311-317. If anyone is interested in obtaining these pages, please advise me. I am looking for Jeremiah O'Mullane, b.abt. 1804, known to be a publican in Cork.-- he had a daughter named Mary Ann b.1841 in Cork, Cork. The pub was near a Police barracks I had been told. ANY info will be appreciated!!

Re: MULLANE (O'Mullane) found info.for Cork,etc.Ireland.

Posted: 5 Jan 2003 4:37AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2003 3:17PM GMT
Hi Cheryl,

Do these pages contain info for just the 1600s?
Does it include all of county Cork?
I am looking for info on John Mullane married Norah Lynch.
Had son Thomas about 1866 possibly from Kanturk. Co. Cork. Have been told Mullane's had a feed/grain mill .
Have no info prior to 1866.

Thanks,

Barbara

Posted: 18 Sep 2007 9:21PM GMT
Hi again

Have just seen your 2002 message regarding the O'Mullane family - how did the query go? Any resulting info that could help?

Would love to hear from you.

Jan

Posted: 2 Sep 2011 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: Mullane - O'Mullane
Just saw your msg.

I have been researching a Jeremiah O'Mullane who joined the 11th Devonshire Regiment and accompanied a convict ship to Australia (Launceston) in 1845. He later was discharged in Australia and married, etc.

On a recent trip to Ireland, we searched for records in both Cork & Dublin.

There had been a reference to a Jeremiah O'Mullane as a publican in my searches (from Australia). We looked at several databases and found that the 'publican' matter seemed unsubstantiated.

The 'reason' is that there is a reference to a Jeremiah O'Mullane in the 1832 vote, and the 1838 vote). But in both cases, there is no record of a Jeremiah O'Mullane as a registered Licensee. And, the land 'lot' cited as a residence in both cases was farmland, not townland. You can see this from the review undertaken on the voter rolls.

What we did find is that the land in question was also used as a police barracks. It appears that Jeremiah was probably a local trooper (as against a British constable) and 'rented' the land as a police barracks for reasons that are unclear (ie did he get recompense for part/all rent?).

From advice given by the head researcher at the Dublin Archives, many false names were listed on the voter register in order to rig the outcome. It could also have been someone's sense of humour.

I also found that parish records for Cork through to Mallow (where many Mullane's resided) showed Mullane as the dominant name, not O'Mullane. I don't know what to make of this issue, but it is clear that with a shortage of records, we'll probably never know the reality of circumstances 'then'.

Cheers

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 2:46PM GMT
Hi: I am researching Mary O'Mallane in the 1600's from Cork and wonder if you have any knowledge of her. She married James Gallwey (date unknown) and they had a child, Henry, born in 1663. Henry married married Mary Mellifont.

Any information or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Helen,
Canada

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: O'Mullane
Hello Jan,
I stumbled across your message below from 2007. Did you ever manage to make contact with Chezbee? I too have been trying to trace my Mullane/O'Mullane ancestry but with little success.
Regards,
Tadhg

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 9:26PM GMT
Hello: I am interested in the O'Mullane's of of Moragh, County,Cork and possibly Whitechurch, Cork. James O'Mullane (no dates) had his lands confiscated in the 1600's and I bleieve, fled to France. His daughter, Mary b abt 1630 married James Galwey/Gallwey of Cork.

I would be very grateful to obtain copies of these pages you refer to.

Best regards,
Helen Wyse
Canada
per page

Find a board about a specific topic