Search for content in message boards

Unhappy Family Tree Maker customer

Unhappy Family Tree Maker customer

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 9:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
I upgraded my Windows software and found I couldn't open my Family Tree Maker 2011 software. To fix it I needed to reinstall, and since I downloaded it from the internet, I had to contact ancestry.com. They told me that Nova Development was the provider, and I would need to contact them. I did, and after two weeks and 15 minutes of hold time on the phone I was told they couldn't provide that for me. I would have to BUY the new version!!! Don't waste your money on anything Nova Development produces. Customer service is horrible!!

Re: Unhappy Family Tree Maker customer

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 10:27PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2013 10:27PM GMT
They create database programs, you'd think they could develop a database of users who purchased their software for download. I'd escalate the issue with their customer service personnel and get to a manager/supervisor-level person.

Regards,

Re: Unhappy Family Tree Maker customer

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 11:54PM GMT
I understand you are upset, and I don't mean to be rude.

But - it is 2013, so the software to which you refer is at least 2 years old, maybe 3, depending on when you purchased it.

Would you expect Macy's to replace a 3-year-old sweater, because you lost it? Or, more accurately, because you threw it away?

When you download a program, it is always prudent to save a copy, preferably on an external hard drive/CD/DVD.

I skipped from FTM 2010 to 2012, so I don't have a copy or an invoice. A quick Google search shows the price was US$39-$49, depending on the date or the vendor. You've been using it for - let's say - 2 years or 730 days, at a cost of US$0.07 (rounded up) per day.

Your existing files can easily be imported into FTM 2012.

I'm retired on a fixed income, which shrank drastically through the recession, so please don't think I'm one of those who just says "buy a new one." I'm just trying to offer a practical solution.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions