Search for content in message boards

SMITH HENDRICK

SMITH HENDRICK

Posted: 23 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jan 2002 2:07PM GMT
Researching William B. Smith who married Martha Duke Hendrick on 16 Jan 1806 in Warren Co. If you have info would like to hear from you.
Posted: 19 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2001 3:09AM GMT
Do you know who the parents of you William B. Smith are? I am Marsha Smith-Hamilton at mshamilton@kih.net

Re: SMITH HENDRICK

Posted: 16 Oct 2001 3:02AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2002 1:19AM GMT
Just to let you know, while in search of
Reeves(Rives) Parker resting place I
came across William B. Smiths. He is
buried on a lone cemetary in Warren County
Approximately 100 yards from US31W and
Otter Gap road. The stone is a massive one
and it is in really great shape. It has been
well maintained for being in the middle of a
corn field. It showed he was born in 1779
Could this be your William B? The 1830
census shows he lived close to where he
was buried. If you need any info, please
dont hesitate to write. I am thinking he may
have been a neighbor of Reeves Parker.
Not sure on that yet still plotting out the land.

Sincerely,

Tom

Re: SMITH

Posted: 21 Oct 2001 8:18PM GMT
Hi Marsha
Sorry I have not gotten back to you in so long. I lost the web site and have just now found it again. William B. Smith was born 1779 or 1780 in N.C. he m. Martha Duke Hendrick in Warren Co, Ky in 1806. They had 6 children. If you are researching this family I would like to hear from you.
Emma

Posted: 21 Oct 2001 8:25PM GMT
Mr. Keene,
Thank you so very much for responding to my query. It sounds like the stone could very well be my Great 3 Grandfather's. He had land in Warren and Edmonson Co and it appears the stone is in Edmonson Co. I have family in the area and will ask them to check this out. It would be wonderful if this proves to be his stone.
my email is ewolfe3346@aol.com

Emma (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2002 8:09PM GMT
Mr. Keene
I want to thank you for taking the time to answer my query from 1998. I have just returned from Ky and my friend and I did find the stone of Wm B. Smith. It was not the great 3 grandfather we are searching for. We were able to speak with a family member and found there were 3 William B. Smiths in that area durinig the same time. The information you gave me was excellent and I do appreciate you taking the time to contact me. Emma

George Boyd (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2004 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Boyd Parker Padgett
Hi Tom! I've also came across Revis Parker. Two of my Boyds married two of his daughters. Hiram Boyd married Rebecca N Parker and William Boyd Married Jane Parker, This was verified by his will. The 1830 census has Revis Parker living two housholds away from Herron Boyd and I believe these are his sons.

Tom Keene (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2005 12:41AM GMT

George Boyd (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2005 6:58AM GMT
Surnames: Boyd Parker Padgett Cowles
Happy New Year Tom! The only clue I have for a burial site on these Boyd's is their brother James Boyd. He is buried at Hawks-Sturdivant Cemetery in Edmonson Co,KY. The date I have for his birth is 1822 and he died in 1875. His is the oldest legible tombstone in this cemetery and there are many old fieldstones in this cemetery. His son Fidelia N Boyd's wife died and was buried in this cemetery about 1900 and I think James's tombstone was placed at that time. I think some of those old fieldstones are Boyds and I've been trying to find an old list or pictures and such. Also, William Boyd and Jane Parker had a son named Sterling, I'd say named after Sterling Parker.

Tom Keene (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2005 3:04AM GMT
Another interesting note is that Martha(Patsy) Parker/Cowles
Daughter of Reeves(Revis) and wife of William Cowles, is buried in the same cemetary. I went to that cem about 2 years ago and was amazed at the size and the amount of old field stones there. Alot of Cowles in that cem as well as Boyds.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions