Search for content in message boards

Hans Christian Hansen and Mætte Vilhelmsen

Hans Christian Hansen and Mætte Vilhelmsen

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 4:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jun 2012 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Hansen, Vilhelmsen
I am looking for information about the parents of Hans Christian Hansen (~1850 Gauerslund, Vejle, Denmark) and Mætte Vilhelmsen (~1842 Gauerslund, Vejle, Denmark). They are the parents of Karen (1874) and Hans (1877) Hansen.

I keep getting hints that Hans Christian and Mætte came to the US, but it has their destination as Oregon. There isn't any other family in that part of the country, so I don't think that is the same couple.

Their daugher, Karen Hansen, did immigrate to the US in 1901 to Manistique, MI by way of Liverpool-Boston. She was married to Laust Frederik Hansen and was the mother of Edith and HC Hansen.
Attachments:

Re: Hans Christian Hansen and Mætte Vilhelmsen

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 4:18AM GMT
Still looking? Looks like you have posted a record from a churchbook - from Gaverslund sogn? Do you have more records for the family? Wondering what you have found and what you need help with, as it's been a while since you posted.

1880 CENSUS
Vejle, Holmans, Gauerslund, Gaverslund Sogn, Hus, 10, FT-1880, C7410
Hans Christian Hansen 30 Gift (married) Husfader Banevogter, born in Højen Sogn, Veile Amt
Mætte Vilhelmsen 38 Gift Hans Hustru (his wife) born Her i Sognet
Karen Hansen 6 Ugift Deres Barn (their child) born Her i Sognet
Hans Hansen 3 Ugift Søn (son) born Her i Sognet

Birth place at the end of the line - those born "her i sognet" are born here in this sogn/parish (Gaverslund Sogn)

Re: Hans Christian Hansen and Mætte Vilhelmsen

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 4:45AM GMT
Do you have a transcription of the record you posted? I believe it is the marriage record for Karen and Laust. I believe it says they are both working in that village that starts with a B. I think it says Karen is born in Andkjær, a village in Gauerslund sogn/parish in Holmans herred in Vejle amt. Birth etc records are registered in the churchbook (not a county courthouse), so it is the name of the parish that is given as the place name for a birth. So yes she is born in Gauerslund sogn.

In addition, to my eyes it looks as if the record refers to Karen's father as afdød Hans Christian Hansen, banevogter. The latter is a job title. "Afdøde" means deceased - the late Hans Christian Hansen.

All best
per page

Find a board about a specific topic