Search for content in message boards

FIDGEON & Mc ANNELLY

FIDGEON & Mc ANNELLY

Posted: 28 Jan 2008 10:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LOY, FIDGEON, McANNELLY,
Looking for information on an Arthur Fidgeon, an Iron Worker possibly born in Ireland and his wife Mary McAnnelly. Her father was a Cormick McAnnelly and his was a Patrick Fidgeon. Any info on them or their ancestors would be great.

This is what I do know: Arthur & Mary had a daughter Mary who was born in Consett, Durham, England c1866. Mary married a Peter Loy (born c1864, possibly in Armagh, Ireland) and one of their children who was my great grandmother Catherine Loy was born 1900 Stockton on Tees, Durham, England.

Re: FIDGEON & Mc ANNELLY

Posted: 3 Feb 2008 12:51AM GMT
Hi

I picked up on your Fidgeon name and also, in looking at the McAnnelly name, it could be McInally or McNally. I have a Mary Josephine Fidgeon whose parents were Edward Fidgeon, saddler and Hannah McNally Fidgeon. Mary Josephine was born on 1 Sept 1878 in Monaghan, but this is from IGI and may not be accurate. She definitely had a sister Annie Maria Fidgeon as she was one of the witnesses at Mary's marriage to Alexander McLaughlin in 1909 in Glasgow. I think she may also have had another sister Margaret (Maggie) and the story is that she moved to the US and stayed in Sherman Avenue, New York, husband's name could have been Fynn / Flynn. Fidgeon is not a particularly common name. Does any of this sound like we could have a connection. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Linda

Posted: 3 Feb 2008 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: FIDGEON & McANNELLY
Hello Linda,

Thanks for your reply, however none of this seems to connect with the details I have. Maybe it does further along the line, I am not sure. If it dos or I discover anymore then I will post again to let you know.
Thanks & regards
Issy

Posted: 29 Jan 2009 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: FIDGEON
My Great Grandfather was Edward Fidgeon son of Edward Fidgeon the saddler and Hannah McNally ,Carrickmacross co Monaghan.He moved to Dun laoghaire Co Dublin and married Margaret McCarr in 1914.They had a large family,some of whom died in WW2.

Re: FIDGEON & McANNELLY

Posted: 4 Feb 2009 9:22AM GMT
Surnames: FIDGEON, McANNELLY, McANENEY, LOY, GOLLOGLY
Hello,

Thanks for your message, however none of this seems to connect with the details I have. Maybe it does further along the line, I am not sure. However I was contacted by some one called Linda last year who was also a descendant of Edward Fidgeon the Saddler & Hannah McNally. If you check the replies to this thread you will see and maybe she can help you further.
I will let you know if I discover anymore that links our Fidgeons.
Thanks & regards
Issy

Posted: 6 Apr 2009 8:01PM GMT
Hello again,

I have recently discovered from some new death & marriage certificates that Patrick Fidgeons (Arthur Fidgeon's father)was also a Saddler/harness maker. I think this means its very likely that he and your Edward Fidgeon were related. In the 1846 Slaters commercial directory there are two Fidgeons in Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan (where my Fidgeons are from) who are saddlers, Patrick & Thomas. They appear again in the 1861 Ulster street directory and Thomas appears also in Griffiths valuation. Do you have nay more on your Edward Fidgeon at all?

Posted: 6 Apr 2009 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: FIDGEON
Hello again,

I have recently discovered from some new death & marriage certificates that Patrick Fidgeons (Arthur Fidgeon's father)was also a Saddler/harness maker. I think this means its very likely that he and your Edward Fidgeon were related. In the 1846 Slaters commercial directory there are two Fidgeons in Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan (where my Fidgeons are from) who are saddlers, Patrick & Thomas. They appear again in the 1861 Ulster street directory and Thomas appears also in Griffiths valuation. Do you have nay more on your Edward Fidgeon at all?

Posted: 6 Apr 2009 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: FIDGEON & MC NALLY
Hi ismayatkins,
I'm afraid that I have very little on my Edward Fidgeon,His son of the same name was born in 1880's and called one of his own sons Patrick Thomas .There has to be a family connection.I have a document where he swears on oath that his Mother was Hannah McNally....as his birth cert could not be traced in 1950's Ireland !

Posted: 30 Apr 2010 10:51PM GMT
Just found old family tree and Edward Fidgeon married Hannah Mc Nally 27/2/1876, yes Edwards father was Patrick and his Mother was Anne Marron of Carrickmacross. Patricks father was Thomas Fidgeon born 1815 and his mother was Judith Duffy. Patrick was born 9/5/1864 his sister was Johanna born 19/8/1860 and brother Thomas born 16/3/186?. But the tree starts with Thomas born 1815. Also doesn't say if he too was from Carrickmacross. Looks like your Edward was from Horsehill Carrickmacross and he may have had 12 children. There is more under that part of tree up to 1964. Your Edward had a brother Patrick (confusing) who married Catherine Mchugh but I have no dates there. They had another brother Frank but he never married. Patrick had 8 children. And it goes on.

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 7:52PM GMT
Hi,

My name is Tim Eccles. I have been doing a considerable amount of research on Irish Loy's as I have them on both sides of my tree. I know that my paternal side was from the parish of Creegan near Crossmaglen, county Armagh and my moms side were Loy's from county Monaghan. I have long suspected a connection but have not been able to prove one. Your mention of Peter Loy b. circ 1864 from Armagh with a daughter Catherine rings a very loud bell for me. I would like to contact you to discuss. Please feel free to email me back at timceccles58@yahoo.com to exchange info. I have Catholic baptisms from Armagh as those records were available. I think we could help each other clear a few things up. Thanks,
Tim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic